• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKAPS Trip to Holland - Vivarium 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Crawford said:
Confirmed so far (I know it's early):
Dan
SteveUK
Mark Evans
Sam
Mark (Arana)
Lisa
Matt (a1matt) + nano tank.

Damn, I'm excited! :D

stuworrall said:
Vivarium said:
That's bad timing Stu! Standard the last weekend of March is Vivarium time!

By the way, I can't remember to haveseen you back in 2009 ;)
Very bad timing on my behalf :( Ill ask the bride if she fancies getting married the week after :lol:

Ah yes, we weren't there in 2009! Im skipping a year behind 2010 before its already finished!

I even grew some new hair and a beard when I was there...

26508_390848468552_746613552_3889725_1837467_n.jpg

Seriously though we had a great weekend and its something that ukaps member should seriously consider doing next march. Great company, great show, great hosts and i learned loads whilst there too.

Love the pic haha!!

:thumbup:

So funny!

Dan Crawford said:
Anubia said:
New to the hobby but am enthusiastic as hell and can lift, shift and smile.....if there is a spare place I#d love to tag along.
Of corse, it's open to everyone. Pop your name on the list :thumbup:

Thx Dan...chuffed to bits to be included and will work my cohoona's off for the UKAPPA team... count me in for the runner/ go fetch boy work..

Dan Crawford wrote:
Dan
SteveUK
Mark Evans
Sam
Mark (Arana)
Lisa
Chris (Anubia)

Adding myself back onto the list :)

Dan
SteveUK
Mark Evans
Sam
Mark (Arana)
Lisa
Matt (a1matt)
Chris (Anubia)

As long as work and the lady at home is fine with it,im in too.

Dan
SteveUK
Mark Evans
Sam
Mark (Arana)
Lisa
Matt (a1matt)
Chris (Anubia)
Graeme Edwards

Just a few questions...

Who on the current list is going to be taking a scape?
Would it be worth organising a second form of transport from London/South? it would be a long drive from up north to pick everyone up in one van!
Are there any restrictions on taking livestock? or are we doing plant only tanks?
Will there be enough electrical outlets to run all the tanks and will we need euro style adapters, or do they use 3 pin english style sockets?
Can the guys who have done it before offer any tips for safely transporting a scape?

Arana said:
Just a few questions...

Would it be worth organising a second form of transport from London/South? it would be a long drive from up north to pick everyone up in one van!
Are there any restrictions on taking livestock? or are we doing plant only tanks?
Will there be enough electrical outlets to run all the tanks and will we need euro style adapters, or do they use 3 pin english style sockets?
Can the guys who have done it before offer any tips for safely transporting a scape?

Thats some good questions.

Re the plugs we had big problems last year as we didnt really take enough adapters with us. They do use the two pin plug so we were using UK 4 gang extensions onto euro adapters. We also found with the stand being so big that getting power to the corners was a problem i guess ukaps will be addressing that with long leads.

tablecloth was a problem last year too :lol: We forgot to take some and the organisers had wooden tables for us but we managed to scrounge some cloth off some very helpful chaps from upstairs (forgot their company sorry)

Dan took a ready made nano scape which was completely drained for the trip and did drive quite well in the type-r :D

Still very gutted I cant go as you're all going to have a great time :(

Arana said:
Just a few questions...

I have been thinking those same questions.
I am coming from London (SE9) and will be bringing a scape.

I am only 10 mins from the Thurrock Services/Dartford bridge so we could meet here if you like, the London contingent would be welcome to stay overnight if it requires an early start and i have plenty of free parking so you could leave your cars here.

What about the livestock Dan, can we take them through customs OK?

Arana said:
I am only 10 mins from the Thurrock Services/Dartford bridge so we could meet here if you like, the London contingent would be welcome to stay overnight if it requires an early start and i have plenty of free parking so you could leave your cars here.
Nice idea mate :D
Arana said:
What about the livestock Dan, can we take them through customs OK?
Well, i don't know about the actual rules, personally i won't suggest bringing any anyway, it'll be a bit stressful for them IMO what with the transport, overnight, cold water and so on.

Arana said:

This arrangement would work well for me. If we go this route I would take up a car parking space, and if we have a really early start also the overnight stay . Thanks for the offer Mark :thumbup:

Dan Crawford said:
Well, i don't know about the actual rules, personally i won't suggest bringing any anyway, it'll be a bit stressful for them IMO what with the transport, overnight, cold water and so on.

Good point mate, would be nice to see some fish in there tho' maybe we could find a Dutch LFS to loan us a few for the duration :)

a1Matt said:
This arrangement would work well for me. If we go this route I would take up a car parking space, and if we have a really early start also the overnight stay . Thanks for the offer Mark :thumbup:

No worries matt, plenty of parking/floorspace for everyone :thumbup:

is there any room left chaps?

so its march 26th and 27th (sat, sun) for sure?

and the cost is, beer and grub and entrace fee's. plus shopping :D

no hotel fee's?

whats hapening about luggage? is it 1 suitcase per person, mine is very large!

im in the surrey area, so need some info about travel arrangements!

Those dates nick are the dates the show is open. We will be there before hand to set up,possibly after to break down. Although, with lots of hands, we could do that, the very same day on sunday. But it would be a late night early morning before you got home.

We need to figure out the logistics a bit more before we confirm with you.

Cheers.

no problem. i work saturdays but no sun or mondays so getting back late sunday or sometime monday is not a problem.

i just need to let work know if im going to take time off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back