• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Prairie Lands"... job done

Re: "Prairie Lands"... trim time

Looks pretty awesome to me Mark, all you need to do now is move it to my living room and get yourself a new tank haha one of your better scapes for sure :) congrats

That looks much nicer now!

IMHO, it might be a good idea to trim the tenelus on the right side a bit further from the front glass.. at least the leaning lilaeopsis.

This defenetely is one of my favorite Iwagumi's so far!

Regards

Thanks Paulo. :thumbup:

I'm happy with it to. And to think i nearly ripped it down. The vision, is close to what i imagined which is nice. :D

Antoni Dimitrov said:
IMHO, it might be a good idea to trim the tenelus on the right side a bit further from the front glass

I think you might be right mate. I'll try it i think. :thumbup:

Antoni Dimitrov said:
This defenetely is one of my favorite Iwagumi's so far!

Cheers mate, this means a lot. I'm tempted to do another gumi after this one. :oops: i just love stone.

Antoni, i've taken your advice.Thanks mate :thumbup:

It might just let the plants 'breath' a bit now. It's not fully grown in on the right, so this cover a little better.

extreme.jpg

I like better. Though the crypts to the right stick out, so i might get rid of those. Keep the rest.

The tank looks great Mark and one question where did you get that background it lookd fringin awsome! And it sets the tank off nicely :D

Krish's Bettas said:
where did you get that background it lookd fringin awsome

It's just 2 bits of card. I plan on having one made up specifically for this tank, which is graduated and doesn't have a join.

The effect in real life is quite something 8)

Antoni Dimitrov said:
I cant wait, you to publish an article on aqua photography Stunning pics, as always!

some day soon mate. I'm not really sure what to write though :oops:

I think the best way, not easier thou :oops: , will be to do it like a journal or photo workshop describing your preparation of tank and equipment, list of equipment you use /the lighting/flashes, triggers, lenses, light boxes, back ligths, background / settings and preferences, post production. Just a how to, based on your experience :D

Not trying to be cheeky, just craving to get some tips :)

Regards

Re: "Prairie Lands"... random vid

thats like watching a pirate DVD with people walking past :p .could you add some coughing sounds :lol: .

tank is looking very healthy Mark, i must get over and see it b4 you rip it down.

p.s Would you say tennelus liked low/mid/high flow?

Andy

andyh said:
p.s Would you say tennelus liked low/mid/high flow?

The tenellus in the higher flow areas is doing the best mate :thumbup:

I think in the new yaer, i'll be photographing the tank.

I'm unsure which way to go with background.

Blue...

sigma2.jpg

or white...

white-1.jpg

Or i may do both?

Back