• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

GorillaPods

Ben M

Hi, I have been looking for a tripod for my Canon EOS 1000D, and I have come across the gorillapods. I think they look really cool, but I'm not really sure how they grip onto things? Also, can you get full size ones, or are they all small? and which one would you suggest for my camera? If they are all small I'll probably get a cheap full size one as well.

cheers :D

Hi Pest Control

I have the SLR Gorilla Pod and yes its a cool bit of kit.

Some tips for you:

1. Choose the one that suits your camera i.e SLR one or SLR-ZOOM if you like a big lens.
2. They do grip onto things well i have fastened mine to gate posts, door handles etc.
3. Also used on uneven ground like beaches, mountains, arm of the sofa taking pics of the tank.
4. Things are very well made and genrally bomb proof.

Only downside is that it can take a little while to get it perfectially level on a say a table, lots of tweaking of the legs etc. I tend to get it nearly right and the tweak in iphoto afterwards.

Dont go for to smaller one it will not be strong enough.

have you been to http://www.joby.com all the info is there

Andyh

Thanks. :thumbup: I've just had a look on the link, and I've weighed my camera to be 800g with a smallish lens, which is the max for the SLR, so I'll get the SLR zoom, because I'm sure I'll get some bigger lenses in the future, and the weight is a bit close for comfort on the normal SLR GorillaPod.

I'm quite intrigued as to how it holds on to things, do you just wrap it around?

cheers :D

Good move and if you ever treat yourself to an L-series lens they weigh a ton!

The legs are stiffer than your imagine and have the rubbery/grippy bumper around each nodule. Its quite clever where you can put your camera with one. The legs bend and twist easily and you can simply scrunch it around a post or pole. Dont get to carried away though till you have used it a few times!

Andy

Back