• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Prairie Lands"... job done

Re: "Prairie Lands"... The aim for final photos!

I've added 6 golden gouramis. Once they settle down, they should look OK. until then, I'll keep the rasboras, in case i go off the gouramis and end up deciding on a large shoal of rasboras.

Here's a few snaps. This will be the Aim for the final bunch of photos. I'll take more time on them of course.

wide-1.jpg

mirror.jpg

DOUBLE-1.jpg

please feel free to comment. :thumbup:

It's superb, Mark! Bold choice of fish. Nice to see something else than the usual "iwagumi species".

Hi Jek. Yeah, their great little things. They'Ve settled in a treat.

gourami.jpg

They're lovely. :) How big are they now? They grow to about 12-14 cm, don't they?

I've lost the 2 weakest gouramis. They were a little 'tired' looking in the shop. Their now in fishy heaven.

The other 4 are fine and very active.

Re: "Prairie Lands"... fishy heaven

RIP fish.
Liking your fish choice and prefer the white background. It adds more perspective.

Piece-of-fish said:
Liking your fish choice

I did initially, though I've gone off them :?

I may revert to my old plan of a shoal of platinum/gold tetras...i can just see a 50 strong shoal :)

Mark Evans said:
Piece-of-fish said:
Liking your fish choice

I did initially, though I've gone off them :?

I may revert to my old plan of a shoal of platinum/gold tetras...i can just see a 50 strong shoal :)

Something new is always good. Harlequins are too much used these days. You see them everywhere. And me myself had them for the last year. Got bored of them. Tetras is good choice as is guramis. Your scape is very fresh and unique. Dont go the same path as everyone. No to harlequins for me ;)

did not think you would keep the GG, did not suit the scape. Why not go for something different like Splash Tetras, Very Interesting and Amazing to watch spawn in anything hanging overhead

Piece-of-fish said:
Something new is always good. Harlequins are too much used these days. You see them everywhere. And me myself had them for the last year. Got bored of them. Tetras is good choice as is guramis. Your scape is very fresh and unique. Dont go the same path as everyone. No to harlequins for me

Cheers mate. I feel that the scape is a bit different from the 'norm' and for the first time, fish choice is important to me. I rack my brains constantly.

Gill said:
Why not go for something different like Splash Tetras,

interesting...

Gill said:
Very Interesting and Amazing to watch spawn in anything hanging overhead

The only thing they'd have is a luminaire :lol:

Hi,

That's a very nice tank. Could you please share the technical details, I browsed all the pages but I didn't find any recap.. Is it a 120x45x45 ? Optiwhite ? 2x54W ? Thanks.

SniperLk said:
Hi,

That's a very nice tank. Could you please share the technical details, I browsed all the pages but I didn't find any recap.. Is it a 120x45x45 ? Optiwhite ? 2x54W ? Thanks.

hi. Yeah sure.added to first page to. :thumbup:

Tank: 120 x 45 x 45 optiwhite from aquariums ltd
Lighting: Arcadia 4 x 54wt5 (running 2 x 54t5)
Filter: Aquadistri 1500LPH
Co2: pressurised via in line diffuser (2 hours before lights on- 2 hours before lights off)
Ferts: EI via spoon (dry)
Substrate: Columbo flora base x 5 10L
Plants: Aquafleur: e acicularis, lilaeospis; crypt species, and tenellus.

Tomorrow, or even tonight, i'm going to trim the tank. Tenullus is like a weed now.

I may record it for anyone that interested :thumbup:

here's the pre trim look...ignore the cheapo tree. :lol:

you may notice how high the lights are?...and thats just 2 x 54wt5 for control over the whole tank ;)

PRE-TRIM-1.jpg

I'll follow this up later.

Re: "Prairie Lands"... pre-trim

You definitely need a couple of sheep to do the job for you.
Where's the true English lawn mate? Getting lazy eh? You could get a fine for that! :lol:

Keep up the good work mate, I love the grass, makes me hungry even if I'm a true carnivorous :lol:

Cheers,
Mike

Back