• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shoaling/Schooling fish?

Hi Arthur

have you thought of rummy nose tetra's - these fish shoal well, the majority of tetra's shoal well.

Regards
paul.

i got my first neons the other day and seeing them shoot across the tank is quite impressive.
got 10 wild greens for 8 quid too.
i might buy another 10 :)

Nothing better than rummy nose tetras for shoaling and covering the whole tank :) not all tetras I've had shoal up well. You could go with 2 shoals to offer a contrast. Black phantoms and rummy nose, for example.

I used around 70 rummys in a 125g and it was beautiful. They were in constant motion around the tank.

The tank was quite dark also so there was an excellent contrast with the bright white fish.

Try corydoras pygmaeus they are mid-swimmer corys very small and show nicely if you have around 15+ in your 90 liter. I bought them yesterday and they are even trying to swim with my celestial danios.

Radik said:
Try corydoras pygmaeus they are mid-swimmer corys very small and show nicely if you have around 15+ in your 90 liter. I bought them yesterday and they are even trying to swim with my celestial danios.

I have to say they are very nice we got some in at work so naturally with 100 or 200 or something in a tank it was quite a sight.

Lukendo can you make nice crisp photo of that tank? Must be stunning view. What tank size it is? Tx

Radik said:
Lukendo can you make nice crisp photo of that tank? Must be stunning view. What tank size it is? Tx

It's only a small sales tank and unfortunately most of them have now sold! When I go back to work if there are some more I'll try and remember to take a picture on my phone. But we had anubias on wood in there and they would sit on the leaves and sort of shoal up in the corner of the tank.

+1 on corydoras. My tank with the rummys had close to 20 emerald cories in it as well and they're constantly on the move always searching for a meal.

I've got a shoal of 16 Praecox dwarf rainbows in my 35g planted tank, they look fantastic.

Back