• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

clown loaches

gsxrjames

Seedling
what is the best food to feed clown loaches, im feeding them blood worm, catfish pellets and flaked fish food, is this enough?

thanks

Hi

If you google - ""clown loach feeding" there are plenty of web site giving info - the majority of them replicate / recommend what you are feeding them.

Regards
paul.

Hi all,
Have a look at "Loaches on-line", it is a really good source of information <http://www.loaches.com/species-index/clown-loach-chromobotia-macracanthus>.

I'd try them on earthworms as well. Red wormsLumbricus rubellus is easy to culture, not too big and productive. "White worms" would be another possibility for young Clowns or smaller Loaches. Another possibility for some live food is to culture snails, the Bladder Snail, Physa acuta or a Ramshorn species would probably be best. Overall I'd just try and give them some variety.

Both blanched Peas and Mysis shrimp are good foods as well for most larger fish. For dried food I feed all my fish the Astax Red crumb from "TA Aquaculture", and I would recommend their foods.

cheers Darrel

Back