• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Leaking TetraTec, not anymore, chances of 'fixed'?

nry

Cleaned my filter out last night and this afternoon I noticed it was leaking slightly, a little pool of water in the base of the cabinet and a little bit of wet carpet - filter was dripping slowly from what I can only assume was either the motorhead or the pipe connector.

I stripped and cleaned the pipe connector and attempted to strip the motorhead but it wasn't having it.

Put it all back together and so far, 6 hours of no leak at all.

Took me about 4 goes cleaning things to get it to stop leaking so before re-fitting it all for the last time I rang Tetra UK who are sending me a new filter...superb service given it's a bank holiday!

I'm obviously dubious of the existing filter, so it's sat in a bucket just in case!

has it got an O-ring seal on it? thats what ive always had trouble with with my old externals, i just vaselined it up and put it back together and it was fine.

Don't think it was the o-ring seal, it was never touched or moved at any point but it's still not leaking so looks like I'll end up with a spare filter!

Back