• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help confirming this species of Glosso.

FishBeast

Hi guys. My next scape will primarily be of local species of plants native to Australia. I have alot that I have found over the last year or so and I have decided to use this Glosso. I just need a confirmation that it is Glossostigma Elatinoides before I go ahead. I am sure that it grows submersed as I have seen it growing under water.

Bare in mind that it is growing here emersed. I am new to this plant but since growing emersed it has grown upwards. This is being grown in my sunroom which had more than adequate light. I have to say this plant is amazingly durable. 40 degree celcius days and its thriving where I lossed about half of my mosses I had been preparing over the last few months.

IMG_4145.jpg

This is a picture of it growing in its natural habitat.
IMG_4005.jpg

Aren't there are only 2 species of glosso? If so it's 50/50. ;)
It's most likely elatinoides, I've read that that is the most widespread.

This is a pic of Glossostigma diandrum from http://www.aquagreen.com.au (awesome plant and fish supplier here in Aus). My variety doesn't look like this one.

Glossostigma_diandrum_02.jpg

This is the glosso elatiniodes Dave from aquagreen has listed which I think looks to be the one I have. The flowers also look to be the same. (Not apparent in my pics as they had gone before I took the pics.

Glossostigma_elatinoides_03.jpg

Back