• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How I add dry powders (video)

Mark Evans

Expert
i'm sure many do this, adding dry powders to a tank, but I've been asked many times how i do it. Even then, people are still fearful of doing this way.

personally, i just dont see the point in making solutions...too much hassle.

Anyway, for people unsure, just do this...

Tony Swinney said:
Would you mind sharing your dosage regime for this tank ?

no probe mate.

KNO3... 2 teaspoons
PO4... 1 teaspoon

both on same day.

alternate days,

0.5 teaspoon trace.

i do at least 2 x 50% W/C on this tank, so try and do it on the KNO3 days.

with a lower plant ,mass, and no stems, this is lean dosing for me.

Mark Evans said:
KNO3... 2 teaspoons
PO4... 1 teaspoon

both on same day.

alternate days,

0.5 teaspoon trace.

i do at least 2 x 50% W/C on this tank, so try and do it on the KNO3 days.

Blimey, I reckon that's about what I dose per week in my 400l :wideyed: maybe thats why ive some holes appearing in my crypts ! Thanks for sharing, think I'll up mine a tad :lol:

Tony

Tony, holes in plants is CO2/flow related, assuming that it is not a result of predation.

Cheers,

It's good to see a sort of official UKAPS video of someone simply spooning the good stuff into their tank. And with fish all around the area the salts are falling, this should give people the faith to follow.
I've heard folk say they stopped doing it this way as their fish eat the salts. Well, you can throw anything into the fishtank, and it's of a size that will fit in their mouthes they'll have a taste, but as with fish in the wild, if it ain't tasty they soon spit it out. So a little yukky tasting chemical will always be spat out. My fish think it's feeding time every time I spoon the salts in, but they soon try it and give up :)
Well done on the vid!!
Cheers

Back