• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to Trim Plants - The Right Way ?

rohitsingh_81

Seedling
Hi Guys,

I am newbie on this forum and apologies for asking a basic question but I think it is an important part of maintaining the aquascape.

I have a Didiplis Diandra (water hedge) that is growing left right & center thanks to my light upgrade of 3WPG. I tried trimming the tops which reached the water level and started spreading horizontally. Since then, it has started generating roots from it branches which look very ugly (I have them visible in the middle part of my aquarium all the way to bottom where the root structure becomes very bushy). Having seen the plants in some aquascapes, I did not find such root structure anywhere.

I am not sure if this is due to my wrong way of trimming OR any fert deficiency. Can you learned people please advice.

Many thanks,
- Rohit

I have these roots dropping from all my stem plants aswell bud.

I doubt there is any way to stop it happening however if anyone does know I'd be interested too lol

Trim the whole 'plant' way below water level, it'll then bush up from lower down and create a denser 'plant'. I tend to trim my stems to just below a suitable hardscape rock or behind another plant, a week or two later and they're back up again nice and bushy.

Back