• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Breeding Amano Shrimp

lil-lynx

Has anyone had any luck breeding these little guys ?
Would appreciate tips and suggestions.

Thanks

from what ive read from forums and google most let them breed in freshwater then removed the adults and slowly changed the water to brackish, theres lots of articles if you have a quick google search.

They cannot breed in FW unfortunately.

As Fozzie says they need to be moved to brackish water or the fry will not survive. I've had many berried amanos but they come to nothing!

hmmmm I wonder why this is then. Strange hey :). Thanks guys

Because that's how they're evolved to breed? Not enough suitable food for the zoe stage of their life so allow them to float down into the brakish/marine environments where there's lots of food and then migrate back into fresh water.

It's something I want to try but I'm not at all okay with the phytoplankton they need to develop.

couldnt you feed them a marine coral mix? rotifers algae plankton and copipods? sounds almost the same as what they would get from an estuary.

They feed on greenwater, I've only done rudimentary research into it but the basics are the water goes green you add the zoas and then after a few month in the green water you net then out and over a month or so revert them to freshwater.

Thanks Garuf I understand a little bit more :). Hmmmmm well il just let them eat the algae :)

Back