• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Prairie Lands"... job done

Re: "Prairie Lands"... crypts removed

guys, i'm really sorry for the constant posting. I'm close to breaking point with regards to boredom, but then thats what forums are for no?
keep it up i say!
cheers!

'Crypts grow different in/out of flow'
A lot of people learn from your tips Mark. You make a huge contribution to the society. :thumbup:

bazz said:
keep it up i say!

Piece-of-fish said:
A lot of people learn from your tips Mark. You make a huge contribution to the society.

Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll slow up in the new year.

Edis, looks like I'll be seeing you in the new year :p

A couple of vids to close the year with.turn them up to 720 or 1080p :thumbup:

One question i have.

what do the gouramis feed on? they go scavenging and their crapping, but i don't feed that often. Also they've cleared the top of my water, slime scum has gone and is now pristine. This happened in an older tank of mine where i had gouramis.

Forgot to add, you can see the new tenellus shoots in the foreground....just 2 days after ;)

Amazing Vids. Yes, we will meet soon if you dont mind ;)
Looking forward to that.

Piece-of-fish said:
Yes, we will meet soon if you dont mind
Looking forward to that.

no probs mate. I've told Juri, it'll be cosy but you can stay at mine. A few beers a chat and stuff, should be fun.

Mark Evans said:
One question i have.

what do the gouramis feed on? they go scavenging and their crapping, but i don't feed that often. Also they've cleared the top of my water, slime scum has gone and is now pristine. This happened in an older tank of mine where i had gouramis.

anyone? 8) i notice theres one or 2 experts on here with regards to fish

Mark Evans said:
One question i have.

Just like most fish they can scrape of algue and an occosional plant leaf here and there. I think because of them returning to the surface for a gasp of air to fill their labyrinths, they disturb it more and therefore stop the slim from forming.

Marco Aukes said:
I think because of them returning to the surface for a gasp of air to fill their labyrinths, they disturb it more and therefore stop the slim from forming.

Thanks marco, i do think though there eating it. now that the surface is clear, they dont go their anymore...interesting

thanks for the info. :thumbup:

love the tank mark *droool* :clap: i think the gouramis are nice in there, they add some more personality fish wise.

Hmm, they do not grab a quick gasp now and than?

Anyways, once they go nuts and wish to start breeding, they will fill your surface with enough garbage again :lol: :lol:

fozziebear said:
think the gouramis are nice in there, they add some more personality fish wise.

good point mate. Yeah, they kinda make it 'real' or as you put, better, 'personality'

Marco Aukes said:
Anyways, once they go nuts and wish to start breeding,

I think that might have started. There's one, that kinda hides in the grass, and then another one comes in and makes a 'fuss' of it...hanky panky maybe. Then, they both come out and swim about.

I'm warming to the gouramis, certainly.

you cant tell from this pic, but they stand out a treat against the blue.

fts-5.jpg

gg.jpg

Thanks for the input guys.

I'm conducting a little experiment.

I've taken out the power head to see what the effects might be.

The first thing i've noticed over the last few days is, the plants pearl quicker, and the fish are less active. better co2 diffusion?
and of course, it looks better without it.

Re: "Prairie Lands"... no power head

I'd be careful with that mate you'll get some nasty detritus build up without flow.
I've been there, nice pearling and then "bam" disaster. :lol: But, well, I could be wrong :)
Keep us updated with the experiment.

clonitza said:
I'd be careful with that mate you'll get some nasty detritus build up without flow.
I've been there, nice pearling and then "bam" disaster. But, well, I could be wrong
Keep us updated with the experiment.

i'll keep an eye out.

The amount of pearling is unbelievable :wideyed:

Mark Evans said:
I'm conducting a little experiment.

I've taken out the power head to see what the effects might be.

The first thing i've noticed over the last few days is, the plants pearl quicker, and the fish are less active. better co2 diffusion?
and of course, it looks better without it.

Watchin with interest! I have recenlty removed a powerhead from one of my tanks and so far with good success, although i have increased the maintenance. :geek:

andyh said:
Watchin with interest! I have recenlty removed a powerhead from one of my tanks and so far with good success, although i have increased the maintenance.

I'll keep you informed mate. :thumbup:

I'm currently playing around with pics to try and find the best look for the images for IAPLC. yes, i may enter this year. :D

I'm playing around with video. I royal pain in the ass.

so, here's a little clip you may have seen, but I've added 4 pics at the end with a new full tank shot at the end ;)

There's some nice music to this clip.

Re: "Prairie Lands"... new video added (short)

sanj said:
you are the UKAPS professional.

Nah mate, there's way better than me on here...There's people actually making money at it!

I just play around.

Back