• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

lighting a rio 180

JohnC

On a mountain in the Highlands of Scotland
Hi,

I'm currently trying to refit a rio 180 and am having no joy with this fluval*see below* 100cm 2x45w t5 ballast i've bought.

The second replacement has arrived and still does not work. Bulbs flick on for a second then out again. I am now thinking it might be the very expensive fluval bulbs (bought because they are the only manufacturer of 45w t5 bulbs).

Thinking about sending it all back and getting a refund.

Can anyone suggest an alternative 100cm closed tank or open tank alternative? I think there are some 2x39w t5 ballasts out there including an eheim one i cannot find a price for.

Best Regards,
John

edit - made a mistake here it is a juwel ballast not a fluval one. :oops:

Tom said:
Why not go back to the standard Juwel T5 light bar? More than enough light. Is it just that you want open top?

Tom

edit *have just seen i did a error in the original post. i meant to write juwel but did fluval by accident.*

the tank ive got has a t8 ballast im upgrading. in preference i don't want an open top. the hi-lite ballast IS the juwel t5 bar but is a wierd size 45w bulb that up until about 10 minutes ago i thought you could only buy bulbs at 20 odd quid a go at.

You can get a new bar or like me just add 2 additional T5's onto the flaps and then use 2 clips to hold the tubes in place.

Worked out nder £40 for the whole lot. I just use the 2x39w now and keep the juwel lights for when I am cleaning up the tank and trimming.

Back