• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Leaking Filters.

Coiln3107

Hi I have noticed more and more on the site about people having problems with leaking filters :( Does anyone ever think about what stops the filter from leaking. THE SEALS. Does anyone ever replace or service them? We all use CO2 yes? We all use special CO2 tubing yes? What about the seals in the filters in contact with the Co2 infussed water? Can you use rubber tubing for Co2 tubing without premature failure No! The seals in the filters are not for use with Co2 and therfor my guess would be they are going to need replaced at least yearly. To help protect them stripping them out and lubricating them every now and again with lubricant would not do them any harm either. It appears to me that it may be more of our fault than the manufactures fault that we have failures as they are being used for a purpose they were not intended for.CO2 Injection. :?:

Tom I agree, but the saturated water is in contact 24/7 and must therfore degrodate the seals as we are all hell bent in getting as much Co2 in there as we can :lol: . It is also a fact that some people use there filters as Co2 reactors injecting directly in to the intake, a purpose filters were made to handle? I think not! :oops: As you say a leak on your filter,down to a little bit of sevicing. My guess is these seals are working harder than we think. :clap:

Back