• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Prairie Lands"... job done

Re: "Prairie Lands"... new video added (short)

sanj said:
Well if this is just playing around, just imagine what you could do.

cheers sanj. Nice of you to say.

The opening sky bit, i recorded last year. I always wanted to use it as an opening scene to a vid, now was it's lucky day :lol:

I just recorded the sky, and increased the speed slightly. boosted contrast.

Great vid, Mark!

You definetely have the gift to do it! :clap:

I think that you should keep it on the arty side just as hobby, as otherwise it would not be the same for you..

Nice one Mark! :)

You could use the blue background and make the transition (descent) from the sky to aquarium (you can zoom the sky video 2x to make the transition afterward).

Cheers,

You got it Mark, you got it -the flair to dare, well up :thumbup:
Dave

cheers fellas for the support. ;)

Just going back to the removal of the power heads...DONT DO IT! i'm now going to have to hefty water changes to over come the bad GDA!

nice experiment though :D

Mark,

That inline diffuser you are using, is it a Boyu or UP Atomizer one? Intake or outtake? Any comments on how this is working for you? Thanks.

schraptor said:
That inline diffuser you are using, is it a Boyu or UP Atomizer one? Intake or outtake? Any comments on how this is working for you? Thanks.

boyu mate, on the intake.

here's a vid update

soon, i'll rip it down and do another layout

LondonDragon said:
Stunning Mark video quality simply out of this world

cheers mate. Always trying. ;)

Antoni Dimitrov said:
I hope you are well now?!

better mate, thanks. not 100% but getting there.

Antoni Dimitrov said:
I particularly like the sequience with the rocks reflaction on the water surface!

Thanks. i should of played on that a little.

Anyway, as rough as i feel, i thought I'd best get the final images out of the way.

I've got the final tank shot, albeit, average.

I went with the wide to begin with, then decided on the 50mm. I wished i had the space to use the 135mm :twisted:

The tank with no kit in it! :p

shoot.jpg

I cant wait for the next tank!!!!

It's a fantastic video, Mark. Very relaxing to look at and beutiful music to! :thumbup:

Thanks Jek. I did have issues with pearling (as you'll see in the vid) i increased the lighting, and in seconds, it was fizzy lemonade. I'd of much rather it be more 'clean' looking.

Anyway, i think this is the final vid of the tank. I've got my final shots, and now the 'rescape' bug is firmly in my head.

I really want to play on 'depth' and 'open space' with the next tank.

Looking forward to your new scape very much. I love the kind of scapes with good depth and much open space so I'm sure I'll like it!:)

JEK said:
Looking forward to your new scape very much. I love the kind of scapes with good depth and much open space so I'm sure I'll like it!:)

cheers jek, hopefully i can make you happy 8)

Antoni Dimitrov said:
Cracking pics, as always!

Looking forward to your new scape!

Thanks my friend. I'm just deciding to use, just stone, or stone and wood. If it were just stone, i wouldnt do it as an 'iwagumi'

It's going to have graded gravels in the front, which i'm going to spend a lot of time getting right :D

The joys eh? :D

Re: "Prairie Lands"... scape finished

Tony Swinney said:
A really beautiful video Mark, super clean shots and great edit with the soundtrack too A super appropriate way to finish off the scape I think - I look forward to seeing the final shots, and the new scape too.

Cheers Tony. I'm starting to get to grips with the video stuff. The music adds so much.

I think i'm flogging a dead horse if i were to do more of the same tank :lol: ...BORING!

The full tank shot, i'm holding to myself, until after the comps. TBH, it's not the best, the fish didn't play ball at all...the gouramis mainly! :twisted: As far as the overall layout goes, i'm chuffed to bits with how it looks ;)

I have considered, taking all the fish out, and getting hold of a shoal of tetras, 40 or 50 maybe, just for a 'one shot' thing, and then send the fish back. I'm sure i know enough suppliers now, to do that and not cost me anything.

Mark Evans said:
As far as the overall layout goes, i'm chuffed to bits with how it looks ;)

Nice to hear you sate that mate - your usually way too hard on yourself !!

Mark Evans said:
I have considered, taking all the fish out, and getting hold of a shoal of tetras, 40 or 50 maybe, just for a 'one shot' thing, and then send the fish back. I'm sure i know enough suppliers now, to do that and not cost me anything.
Good plan, you should do it if you're not happy with the fish in the final pics - the scape deserves it ! I've a shoal of 30+ black neons to regime if you get stuck ;)

Tony

Thanks for the offer Tony :thumbup: , i'll try and source something closer though.

I keep looking at the final shot, and it's not as bad as i'm making out...i dont think o_O

Back