• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to keep ludwigia arcuata growing red?

nry

I got some ludwigia arcuata off a member here a few weeks ago, turned up a lovely red/crimson colour.

The new shoots are fairly green, and the original red colour has faded a bit too.

I'm running 2wpg (2x15w T8's), full EI with pressurised CO2, using TPN as trace (2ml 3x per week). Substrate is Florabase.

I'd love to get it back to the crimson colour again, is this possible with my setup?

how many litres is your tank would prob help the pro's? I was told to tripple my TPN dosage as the recomended dose isnt upto much. BTW mine went green to but thats down to my lights dunno if thats your prob to?

Current growth is very nice indeed, a noticeable red to the leaves :)

Perhaps it just needed to settle in, gave the first trim on Monday and re-planted the stems. Nice plant :)

More light and that's just about it, don't go to low macro levels to turn your plants red 'cause you usually stun their growth, trace levels doesn't matter, I've tested from 0.1 to 2 Fe and no difference using the same light, if you don't want to increase your light level up to 4x15w then wait for the plants to reach the water surface and they might turn red.

Cheers,
Mike

Back