• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How Many Pots?

Ben M

Hi, I will be getting some Eleocharis parvula 1-2-grow from aquajardin.co.uk. But I'm not sure how many pots to go for?

The space I am planting is about 13" x 4-5".

How many would you suggest?

also, I have looked on thegreenmachineonline.co.uk, but can't find E. parvula 1-2-grow, don't they sell it?

cheers :D

i would say 3 pots for a nice spread of plantlets. you could get away with 2 but it would be less dense and take longer to bulk up.
but yeah 3-4 pots, presuming 1-2-grow are the same size as other pots :rolleyes:

I've been told that the 1-2-grow pots are the same size, but contain a lot more plants, so do you think I'd get away with 2? or would it still be too little?

cheers :D

2 should be ok, its just the carpet wont be as dense to begin with than if 3 pots were planted but wait a few weeks and it will spread... :)

Just doing a quck bit of maths based on the above, does 4 or 5 pots per square foot sound about right?
And does that hold for plants in general, just forground plants, or just Hairgrass?

Back