• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UPDATED: Eheim Pro 3 2075 Review

Re: Eheim Pro 3 2075 Review

hi again what size instalation kits did you use 12/16 or 16/22 thanks again

Hi mcbrix,
The installation sets are, as jmkgreen correctly points out, the 16/22mm ones.

The eheim part numbers for these sets are: #4005300 and #4005310

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance :)

A very helpful review, and good supporting comments. :thumbup:
Having used eheims for many years, i had no hesitation in buying one for my 130ltr tank.
I to have fitted the Installation pipework, and enjoy the greater flexibility it gives, especially with bends/t pieces/jets etc.
Its been running 2 months, and no problems. Not a great fan of the priming system.

Thanks I was considering it and reading some German reviews at zooplus.de people were not happy so this is to confirm it is s...t product. I hope you solve your issues soon. Cheers

Hi
I have had the same problem
After reading the review I bought two 2075's having had eheims in the past
After about 11 months both started leaking
I returned them to my lfs that I have been going to for years so have a good relationship with they returned the units
And swapped them for a 2180+ media set as I had to buy a fx5 to replace the 2075's whilst they were sent away
My lfs told me that they had been told by Eheim that the problem was with the tap conector locking mechanism
The plastic seals that were used shrunk after about 6/9 months and so started to leak
This problem only affects the 71's 73's and 75's as the 2180/2080 have a different locking system.
I have also noticed that some of the online sellers are now selling a newer version of these filters which makes me think that maybe Eheim have sorted out the problem they are also now selling thermo versions of these filters
I don't think that this should put anyone off buying Eheim I think they are still a premium product and are very well made. All manufacturers have a problem at some time with there products( just look at Toyota ) but as long as the company sorts out the problem for existing customers and corrects the fault on older and new models and learns by there mistake then I don't think they should be written off
Many thanks
Matt

Hi Matt,
I think there inlies my problem - I don't feel as if I have been properly looked after by Eheim, and that is especially galling considering the considerable cost of these units. To take nearly three months to resolve the first issue I had when I made it clear just how much water it was leaking, is to my mind unacceptable. I genuinely got the impression from dealing with their technical support that they just didn't care.

I work in a service industry, and had I provided my customers with the level of support I received from Eheim, some serious questions would be being asked.

I don't want to give the impression that I have the disposable income to make the decision to dump these units lightly, but I have become so disenfranchised that I feel I have little option.

It11

Eheim being premium product for premium price should not have this problem at first and customer support must be tip top. For example I was dealing with B&W speaker support last year (they are in the UK) and even not having them under warranty they offered help and replacement parts promptly and cheap. Now that's how it should be.

I tank the service is a problem and I would be Inclined to point that out in an email
I think the analogy between eheim and b&w works to a degree but what you have to remember
is that eheim are a large company probably dealing with a world wide audience
whereas b&w are a small manufacturer all fo there products are handbuilt
and not mass produced
That should not give eheim an excuse though and I think there customer service could be better
Have you contacted John Allen who distribute eheim for the uk?
Matt

Just keep an eye on it especially after a clean out that's when mine started to leak
Matt

Thanks for posting the updated review and other ppls feedback - has proved most useful in diagnosing the cause of the watery carpet around my tank + 12 month old eheim 2075 :( Sounds like a pity a product recall wasnt ordered as this is a ticking timebomb.

Harriet,

Sorry to hear that you have had the same problem with yours.

I have been wondering whether we would be able to establish a common factor with our leaking Eheims, whether it be design flaw or co2-based seal damage. If anyone who has suffered this issue could please post to say whether they are running co2 injection, approximate ppm if they are and normal tank ph, maybe we can draw some conclusions.

Eheim still have not contacted me about sending the leaking pump head back to them, so I am going to strip it down and post the photos here soon.

It11

Hi there
Was going to update this thread with my experiences ...
I had excellent customer service from (New Zealand's) Eheim wholesale / distributor. They said it was a fault on some units and had replaced their stock some time ago. I got a full replacement head couriered to my door within 36hours. Nice.

It11, I was injecting C02, but via an atomizer just before return outlet hit the spray bar. Ppm co2 assumed 30ish as 4dkh drop checker lime greenish for 7 hours/day in 215 litre tank. Mine leaked as did yours, build up of water in the head unit and 4 corner struts, exiting via power cord inlet and around corner housing. Hard to pinpoint! Eheim didnt want the head back for post mortem so I assume they know the cause already and have fixed it. Might salvage a spare impeller etc.

Mines been leaking the past week after nearly 3 years. Got some eheim vaseline to put around the seal but the adapter decided to break when putting it back into the filter and the red button is now jammed and can't push it in no matter what I do, Ended up putting an old tetratec ex700 filter in with some on the media to the bacteria alive while I just order a new filter.

Might try a JBL CristalProfi e1500 or go back to tetratec again never had a problem with my old ex1200, don't think il get an Eheim for a while now been put off.

It's because the lever isn't fully engaged you need to keep them well lubed. You need to force it across fully with a screw driver or something

Lever is broke, just swings side to side now, button still jammed, think the spring inside it came loose. Dosent matter now anyway ordered a JBL CristaProfi 1500 from zooplus this morning, hopefully have it by the end of the week.

Back