• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY 75 x 42 x 40 cm

Garuf said:
Is this still holding out, Diying a tank this huge would terrify me!

Are you douting of my DIY skills lol:

Yes, the tank is still holding. The glaces are 8mm stick, so it is strong and give quiet a bit of surface for apply the silicone.
I had a probleme with the glosso once again, it grew tall, never understood why, maybe CO2 to high... If any one had this probleme and resolve it, I will be curious to know.
Any way, I let it go for a while, because of this and buzy at work. I redone it a couple of weeks ago, will post pictures soon. It just had his first trim, so not to much to show. ;)

alexandre said:
Garuf said:
...I had a probleme with the glosso once again, it grew tall, never understood why, maybe CO2 to high...

Nope, just the opposite in fact. Leggy growth on carpet plants is a consequence of low CO2/flow at the front substrate level. You may want to consider increasing the injection rate. Also the 30G EI dosing calls for 1.5 grams of KH2PO4 and 5.3 grams KNO3 per week so you may want to think about upping these as well.

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:
alexandre said:
Garuf said:
...I had a probleme with the glosso once again, it grew tall, never understood why, maybe CO2 to high...

Nope, just the opposite in fact. Leggy growth on carpet plants is a consequence of low CO2/flow at the front substrate level. You may want to consider increasing the injection rate. Also the 30G EI dosing calls for 1.5 grams of KH2PO4 and 5.3 grams KNO3 per week so you may want to think about upping these as well.

Cheers,

Hi ceg4048,

Thanks for the info, I was saying that because I read some where that high CO2 level can make stem plants leggy (don't know really if it is the case with glosso). The water flow is quiet important. I use a drop checker with KH4 solution from AE and it goes more yellow than green. That said, lately I get some BBA.... My bubble rate is not regular, I don't know if it come from the room temperature change or my regulator is buggered. It was a very long time (years) I didn't get this algae.
I agree with you, my macro dosing is on the lean side, will increases it. In fact last month, I tried to run it just with TPN+ and it did not go well, but I did not keep on top of my water change so...

Hi alexandre,
Yes, it sounds like you may have a regulator problem, however it's also possible that the cylinder is getting low on gas. If the regulator is faulty you might be able to see the second stage gauge needle moving. A fluctuating injection rate can do as much damage as low injection rates. Have you tried placing the dropchecker near the glosso? Somehow you need to force flow down towards the glosso. Can you try moving the lily pipe to the back wall, or mounting a spraybar on the back wall? I know this ruins the aesthetics of your design but stringy glosso looks worse in my opinion.

The appearance of BBA confirms beyond a shadow of a doubt that the problem is CO2 related. So there you have a few suspects to investigate. If your fish can stand it I would open up the needle valve some more as a first step.

Cheers,

I am pretty sure my CO2 is high enough, the fishes often gasp at the surface if I don't have enought surface agitation. How ever, I suspect my CO2 not to be stable, even so it don't drop beyond 2b/s.
For the glosso, I removed it, I had enough of it, I always had this probleme. Never had problem with eleocharis, with I thought was gourmand on CO2 to.

Great scape plants look very healthy, love it :)
I also get some GDA not as much as you though, letting it complete its cycle means the tank looks awfull for 2/3 weeks which I don't like, just have to keep cleaning that glass

Thanks LodonDragon. I tried this method, I let the GDA alone for three weeks, scrape it, done a big water change but it keep coming back.

Hi all,

So here is the new version, no thing new and a bit boring in fact, but here we go. Will tried to do better next time :lol:
Your critics and suggestions are wellcome.

023.jpg

Thanks Dan,

The aquascape need a lot of improvement, I had to cut the light for a few days last week because I ran out of CO2 and was to lazy to get a refill my bottles so few plants are not at there best.

It looks like you've done a nicer job of my current scape to me, damn you! :lol:

I've just noticed that in your first pics you've got the tank on a balcony overlooking a swimming pool. Are you on holiday or does everyone in Cyprus live like that?!

Garuf said:
It looks like you've done a nicer job of my current scape to me, damn you! :lol:

LondonDragon said:
Looks pretty good to me too :) just needs the plants to grow a little more and thats it :)

Thanks, but I wasn't very happy with it, so I pulled all the bushes out yesterday and rearanged them... and still not 100% sure, will post pictures. ;)

SteveUK said:
It's an odd thing. I really love these path scapes, but I've never wanted to really try one. You've got me thinking though :D

Looks great Alexandre :)

If you tried it avoid the shrimps :lol:

beeky said:
I've just noticed that in your first pics you've got the tank on a balcony overlooking a swimming pool. Are you on holiday or does everyone in Cyprus live like that?!

They are a lots of swimming pool here in Cyprus there is the sun shin, but don't get lure... I will not encourage any one to go there for hollyday, live there or buy houses, in one way or another you will get rip off. There are some good things like not traffic jam and no winter, but it's about it :lol:

alexandre said:
I will not encourage any one to go there for hollyday, live there or buy houses, in one way or another you will get rip off. There are some good things like not traffic jam and no winter, but it's about it :lol:
Looks like he wants all the sun and sea to himself and trying to keep the rest of us from moving there hahahaha :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Believe me, the summer is to hot to work... it is hell.
Next year I will be back in the UK, so you will be able to comme here and enjoy the "see, sex and sun" (Gainsbourg) :lol:

alexandre said:
Next year I will be back in the UK, so you will be able to comme here and enjoy the "see, sex and sun" (Gainsbourg) :lol:
You offering to lend us your place and swiming pool? :p might take you up on that then :p

LondonDragon said:
alexandre said:
You offering to lend us your place and swiming pool? :p might take you up on that then :p

Yes, yes, you can have my job aswell. :lol:

Back