• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Mark Evans

Expert
Another journal to bore you with. ;)

Kit60cm optiwhite
florabase substrate
lights
co2
EI
aquafish filter

Hardscape.
Manzianata wood.

I'm using just manzi wood for this. Plants shall be, acicularis, tennullus, crypt sp. and moss. Somekind of background plant will feature, but not sure what.

I'm going for very basic planting and layout. :thumbup:

Re: 60cm Nature Aquarium.

Looking forward to it mate.

Where did you source the wood?

Cheers

nayr88 said:
Where did you source the wood?

it's stuff i've had for a while from the states.

Garuf said:
I like it already. I'll be watching.

I've got the layout done. It's strange not using stone, even with wood.

On Garuf's advice, I've spoken with Darren @ livingwaters. A nice chap indeed. I've ordered some moss from the guy which should be here in a couple of days.

Thanks to everyone else who's sending me some moss. :thumbup:

That's a point I need to call him myself. He left me an answer phone like a week ago. :oops:

He's a real nice guy and a pleasure to chat with. What mosses did you end up going for?

I can imagine it's an upheaval, changing materials always is.

Garuf said:
What mosses did you end up going for?

I've forgotten :oops: Latin isn't my strong point.

He's sorted me 3 tubs from his display tanks. Good quality stuff by all accounts.

The wood layout is real fun with manzi. you can put it in any way you like and it looks pretty decent straight away.

This is what i shall go for.

60cm.jpg

Oh, no! Another yournal from, Mark. I think i dying of boredom. :D

The manzanita looks great. Plant it. Now. ;)

Very smart mate! I like the way the wood touches the glass either end,

Are you going for suspended lighting? I'd want to go to livingwaters it sounds like a good little shop. Does he sell a lot of moss, or was this from the display tank and a special exception?

Tony Swinney said:
Nice start There's some tension created with the wood so close to the tank sides and breaking the surface - very different to the serenity of your last scape

cheers Tony. You cant tell from the image, but it's not so 'flat' in real life. I took that shot with the 135mm, which has 'compressed' the over all look.

JEK said:
Oh, no! Another yournal from, Mark. I think i dying of boredom.

That's what i'm here for :lol:

Dan Crawford said:
That looks quality Mark, love the plant list too - nice complimenting textures

cheers Bud.

alzak said:
Looks like there will be another great jurnal to read and watch

Thanks Alzak. :thumbup:

Can i just thank again, everyone who's sending me moss. seriously appreciated.

I'm on the rounds, collecting and reserving my plants. I've got 4 pots of liliaeopsis (tropica) 2 narrow fern.
moss. I've asked my MA to put aside some anubias bonsai, acicularis, and various crypt sp. when they come in on Wednesday.

The plan is, a small 'bay' of liliaeopsis in the front. Moss around the base of the wood, and up some branches. Crypts to the left and right of the wood, and acicularis at the rear.

ferns and anubias around the base of wood also.

It's a low growing scape, and I've decided not to add any stems again. Maybe some vallis if it's needed.

I did consider this to be a 'knock it out quick scape' but with the plant choice, this could turn into the longest scape I've ever done.

nayr88 said:
Are you going for suspended lighting?

i am mate. The current luminarie shall power the tank. It's a 60cm sat on a 120cm cabinet. It gives me a chance to maybe get another tank running alongside it. :thumbup:

nayr88 said:
Does he sell a lot of moss, or was this from the display tank and a special exception?

talking to the guy, he buys in from tropica and co. he was limited in what he had, but on explaining my plan, i think he let me have some from a display tank or 2...top man.

Tony Swinney said:
Nice start :D There's some tension created with the wood so close to the tank sides and breaking the surface - very different to the serenity of your last scape :D

Does kinda look like the wood is trying to break out the sides.... :D

Mark Evans said:
I've spoken with Darren @ livingwaters. A nice chap indeed. I've ordered some moss from the guy which should be here in a couple of days.
he's got so much knowledge its unreal.very modest as well.

loving the manzi :D .
don't know why but i love the planning and hardscape more than watching a tank mature :rolleyes: .
maybe i'm a freak :lol: .

got plans for the 2nd 60cm yet ?.

nelson said:
loving the manzi .
don't know why but i love the planning and hardscape more than watching a tank mature .
maybe i'm a freak .

Nah mate, your right. The setup bit is cool. getting to see the bits you dont usually see.

hijac said:
Does kinda look like the wood is trying to break out the sides....

The Samson of wood 8)

here's my little play are for a few days.

play-area.jpg

This pic shows the depth much better. Were's your big tank?

Oh, that something new for you and its simpy beautiful!

It will turn up into a nice scape I think! Maybe some vallis nana on the back will do the job perfectly!

And the idea of to 60 cm side by side, got me impatient ....

Great job hardscaping, Mark :thumbup: :thumbup:

Back