• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Your other Fish: Predator fish, cichlids, oddballs ect

nayr88

Hello lads and laddets

i no us plant geeks wont admit it publicly through chance of being hung with moss line BUT you like me may own some other types of fish such as malawis or pike :twisted: or rays ? ect ect and i thought it might be cool to share some pictures and details experience's with such fish :D

so ill kick things of with my Jack dempsey, his appropriately named Jack with the female JD being calld *cringes*...Jill :rolleyes:

well his a pretty cool guy, him and his gal share the 240litre with the catfish shown in the picture, and a ......snakehead :twisted: ill try n get a pic of him at a later date, but his not the monster huge one,(red snakehead) his channa pulcha(i think) and his more into his caves and suprise attacks on river shrimp.

anyway heres a pic of jack that i had in my photobucket, more to come soon.
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMzktMjAxMDExMTktMDExMS5qcGc.jpg

sorry abou quality

I have a Monotrete/Tetraodon baileyi Pufferfish :D Got him in 2006 from Wildwoods nr. London for a discounted price of £80. Had him over 4 years now and he's still going strong :) Not sure how old he was when I got him though - hasn't grown much. He get's fed 2-4 times a week on mussels, prawns, fish etc. Innee cute? :lol:

Fran054.jpg

Fran219-2.jpg

Fran233-1.jpg

Puffed (sorry, had to grab phone quick to take a picture, he doesn't puff often!
02-12-06_0812.jpg

And a video to show how gently he feeds o_O

I've had several other puffers too including Green Spotted, Figure 8, Nefastus, an unknown "target" puffer - possibly abei, Dwarves, and red eyes.

Oh, and he's taken a nice chunk out of the middle finger of my left hand while cleaning! Was at the doctors for an hour and a half while they worked out what to do with it! They had the Dept. of toxins on the phone, but course they don't poison you by biting - it's in the skin. Got Malawi's downstairs too :)

Tom

TOM!!! mate that is seriously cool!!! i want one i want one!! got any more info on his tank?

i like most puffers, i have a dwarf and he ha so much attitude and character. How have you got on with figure 8's and spotted? i really like those

He's in a Rio 180 at the moment - on his own for obvious reasons. Filter is the Tetratec EX1200. It's a really boring scape, just some rock and wood chucked in the there's no point posting pictures (but I can do!). There's very little can be done with his tanks though, as he digs very effectively.

The thing I don't like so much with the smaller puffers is that they're so active and inquisitive that they drive me mad going up and down the glass. This one sits still until he sees you, then he comes to the side of the tank and lays there watching you. He'll attack you through the glass as well when he's hungry.
I didn't have much luck with the GSP or Figure 8's unfortunately - both went down to a nasty bacterial infection that I couldn't seem to help.
Here's the GSP with his infection :(
11111111.jpg

And the Nefastus (also from Wildwoods, and travelled with me on the train from Wildwoods to Winchester, then back to Ipswich!!!)
nefastus1.jpg

I forgot I had a South American too at one stage. He was nice, but his teeth were a nightmare.

Tom

Back