• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Re: 60cm Nature Aquarium.Planted

john starkey said:
Always a joy to read your journals Mark,looks like another stunner in the making from Ukaps finest plant grower/aquascaper

cheers John, That means a lot matey. hope your good.

Today, I've received some moss from Darren @ living waters. What can i say?...it's stunning stuff indeed. I think he was quietly confident I'd like it ;)

I've made a ton more moss stones, and placed a few in this tank, and some in the nano. I'm now getting an idea or 2 for the nano. :wideyed:

Just like that, there you go, looks almost easy to create something stunning! Shame it isn't :)

Mark

Looks great i have been tempted to do something similar with my smaller tank, you may have motivated me!

Would you mind sharing with us your planned dosing guideline/water changes etc for this tank?

It really would be very helpful

Cheers
Andyh

Tony Swinney said:
Nice planting Mark, and different to use the moss stones in the foreground.

cheers Tony. I'd like to think this tank is more of an 'experimentation' tank. Moss in the foreground isnt new, but it is for me. If things go wrong in this tank, i dont mind so much.

I'm looking to learn a few things from this tank, ready to replicate it in the 120cm later on in the year :D

nry said:
Just like that, there you go, looks almost easy to create something stunning! Shame it isn't

Thanks matey :D

andyh said:
Looks great i have been tempted to do something similar with my smaller tank, you may have motivated me!

get it done! :lol:

andyh said:
Would you mind sharing with us your planned dosing guideline/water changes etc for this tank?

NO!...just joking :lol: add water mate! :lol: joking again...

it's still early days, but i'm adding 0.5 tsp kno3 0.25tsp po4 every other day. .025tsp trace alternate days.

To go with that dosing, i'm doing 50% W/C every other day (day of npk) lights for 6 hours per day.

I'll Tailor the dosing as i go.

andyh said:
Would you mind sharing with us your planned dosing guideline

i might use up these bottles, just to get rid.

ferts-1.jpg

Mark Evans said:
andyh said:
get it done! :lol:

andyh said:
NO!...just joking :lol: add water mate! :lol: joking again...
it's still early days, but i'm adding 0.5 tsp kno3 0.25tsp po4 every other day. .025tsp trace alternate days.
To go with that dosing, i'm doing 50% W/C every other day (day of npk) lights for 6 hours per day.
I'll Tailor the dosing as i go.

Mark

I know it sounds silly but thanks for sharing that, i am sure many of the UKAPS crowd are really interested in what your dosing, as it can only help the rest of us achieve something about half as good as your tanks! On some forums it almost seems that its breaking the unspoken rules to share dosing details! o_O

Cheers Dude!

andyh said:
I know it sounds silly but thanks for sharing that, i am sure many of the UKAPS crowd are really interested in what your dosing, as it can only help the rest of us achieve something something about half as good as your tanks! On some forums it almost seems that its breaking the unspoken rules to share dosing details!

your right mate! There's way too many secrets in the hobby.

The only secret i keep is...to not let you know how untidy i can be, cables everywhere, hoses untidy, dosing bottle/bags here there and everywhere :oops: ooops, I've just told you now :p

Damn! It looks so fresh! So very green. What are those ferts like? I've never seen them before.

Has my moss arrived, after seeing what you'd received from others I hope mine didn't disappoint.

Cheers

nayr88 said:
What are those ferts like? I've never seen them before.

there good mate. I may just use them to finish them off.

viktorlantos said:
Maybe the only thing what catch my eye is the flat soil, but both your wood, planting and of course photography is very good. Nice to see you're on this new project.

cheers Viktor. I still have hope for the flat substrate. I didn't want my crypts to be touching the surface, so opting for a lower substrate will help this.

I'm hoping the moss will create a little bit of depth, if i trim and keep it right.

All experiments for the next big project. :D

Looks great Mark! Mind what else do we expect from a scape from you....... something similar to what I'd like to do with my next scape so will be watching patiently!

B7fec said:
Looks great Mark! Mind what else do we expect from a scape from you....... something similar to what I'd like to do with my next scape so will be watching patiently!

And thanks to you mate, for the moss. :thumbup:

I've trimmed a couple of leaves off the bolbitis. There are new unfurling leaves now.

Somethings that's interested me is the fact i'm using the exact same filter i used on the 120cm. Not strange you may think, but it is when you think that, that same filter powered a tank 4x the size, and now it's powering just 60l. so hopefully, this should turn out healthier than the last.

getting the usual 'die off' of some crypt leaves and liliaeopsis. In wit the scissors tonight.

nayr88 said:
Has my moss arrived

nothing yet matey :(

All plants added! :D

I've just come back from my MA store, and picked up my C helferi and ludwigia palaustrus red.

They've all gone in now, and i'm fully planted.

Here's a snap of the c heferi in the background. There's a bit to the right to.

c-helferi.jpg

Now the long waiting game begins. I cant wait for the moss to spread out and fill the gaps in the foreground and looks as one.

As is said, i need to get rid of some dieing leaves to keep up with the maintenance regime.

I now need to think of a name for the tank. 8)

i'm a bit upset that you've done this so quick :twisted: .

looks brilliant though,as do all your scapes.

Mark Evans said:
I now need to think of a name for the tank. 8)
my six week scape :p .

Re: 60cm Nature Aquarium.C heferi added

Hello Mark, here's the tracking number AH548659113GB

Its says it was delivered from Newark post office on the 25th. Have you checked with neighbor's?

The C.helferi looks brilliant, really compliments the scape. I need a taller tank if my life for that plant, I did buy two pots for the nano a few months before xmas and it was huuuuge! Four tims the height of the tank!!

Your pictures are so clear its unreal. The quality is amazing, I'm a major newb with photography but I'm trying to get into it abit and get myself a decent camera. What do you use to get a shot like that? Is there a lot of lights and editing? Or is it possible with just settings on the camera itself?

Cheers Mark.

nayr88 said:
Hello Mark, here's the tracking number AH548659113GB

Its says it was delivered from Newark post office on the 25th. Have you checked with neighbor's?

I really need to look into this, thanks :)

nayr88 said:
The C.helferi looks brilliant, really compliments the scape. I need a taller tank if my life for that plant, I did buy two pots for the nano a few months before xmas and it was huuuuge! Four tims the height of the tank!!

Thanks mate. C helferi, IME can be tough to get going. I'll see how it fairs.

nayr88 said:
Your pictures are so clear its unreal. The quality is amazing, I'm a major newb with photography but I'm trying to get into it abit and get myself a decent camera. What do you use to get a shot like that? Is there a lot of lights and editing? Or is it possible with just settings on the camera itself?

It's all possible with the camera. There's no editing on this, except the frame.

I must admit though, this was taken with my trusty 135 f2 L, which can give sublime images, straight from the camera.

Antoni Dimitrov said:
The C.Helferi looks really nice on the back! I like it a lot!

cheers Antoni, it does add a bit of height.

nelson said:
i'm a bit upset that you've done this so quick .
:lol: The scape or adding the C heferi?

nelson said:
my six week scape .

:lol: you know me too well

nelson said:
the scape .

ahhh :D

I guess, with the eagerness of me wanting to rip old scapes down, a new scape tends to come quicker to me than it did 2 years ago. It's just practise. I do find now though, i plant 'on the fly' so to speak.

Back