• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Dads Nano

NeilW

Hey everyone,

Was after a few tips regarding plant recommendations for a tank for my dad (I thought this would be better in the 'Aquascaping' category as its more the whole composition of the tank). This is the tank with a bare bones layout;

img2987if.jpg

The setup is unheated (although ambient room temp is around 20oC) and has a 9 watt T5 arcpod. The intention is to run it low-tech, but TPN+ can be added if it gives more options for plants. The nasty yellow sand will be eventually replaced for something more subtle.

Which species would look good in the background and would work well with the focal Anubias nana? I want to extend the Java moss further but is there something that will work as an accent?

Would black be the best colour for a background?

Any recommendations welcome :thumbup:

I've got to say, I really like that tank! What size is it?

What about some Cryptocorynes, they would be ideal for a low-tech tank. You could maybe use something like Cryptocoryne Lucens or Parva for around the stones, and maybe Cryptocoryne Wendttii brown for the back? Check out TGM, http://www.plantedtanks.co.uk/cryptocor ... -239-p.asp and google for pics.

Back