• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Competition in Hannover, Germany

Hannover is a public event; the aquarium part however is just a small part of the total animal event.

Vivarium said:
Hannover is a public event; the aquarium part however is just a small part of the total animal event.
Shame it was not advertised sooner, would have been a nice day out!!

Some professional shot>
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jfravn/set ... 402265830/

1st place XL

5402265830_8295e00337_z.jpg

2nd place XL

5401616317_1bf00d8400_z.jpg

3rd place XL

5402267572_6deec72efb_z.jpg

George and Dan's tank:

5401622063_e1bf31d5ae_z.jpg

Nice one for posting the pictures up Viktor.

Dan and George, well done fella's, you have do the UKaps corporation proud. Up against some serious competition.

I see George got papped from aquatnet.tv , Dan, where was your fro's?

Nice work guys :thumbup:

About Dan's scape, it looks really good, a lot of detail on it, and it shows a great eye for placement.

I specially like the use of the undulating wood.

The winning scape is outstanding.

Paulo, the plant looks Micranthemoides, on top of the wood.

Thanks, guys.

LondonDragon said:
Tanks look great, whats that main plant on the winning tank all over the wood?
HC. Pretty neat idea. It was flawless in the flesh too, not a spot of algae or sign of deficiency.

ghostsword said:
About Dan's scape...
It was a joint effort!

I've created a new thread here, including images of the Top 10 and more from our tank -

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14566

George Farmer said:
HC. Pretty neat idea. It was flawless in the flesh too, not a spot of algae or sign of deficiency.
Thanks George, will the HC last long term in that position? very interesting idea indeed.

LondonDragon said:
George Farmer said:
Thanks George, will the HC last long term in that position? very interesting idea indeed.
Sorry I missed this mate.

I would say the HC will last for as long as the 'scaper maintains it appropriately... Just like growing any HC carpet really.
LondonDragon said:
Quick video posted on youtube by Jorgen:

Nice one! Dan and I don't even look that stressed - even though the plants were 2hrs late!

Some great looking scapes there,you both had your work cut out i think seeing as most of the other entrants had already grown in their setup,s

good effort though

regards,
john.

Back