• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My greenscape updated

Stu72

Jan-2011.jpg

At last my complete aquascape.

A semi high tech tank on a budget.

2 X 24wt T5 lights:

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd498/aquastu/aquascape/Aquascape%20April%202011/IMG_2209.jpg

[b]
Plants:[/b]
Tropica 'Eleocharis parvula'
Tropica 'Hemianthus callitrichoides cuba'
Blyxa Japonica
Vallisneria americana
Anubias barteri var. nana
Glossostigma elatinoides

[b]Tank: [/b]
24 X 12 X 15 "
[b]
Filteration:[/b]
Aquael Internal UV filter 500
[b]
Lighting:[/b]
Hagen T5HO Glo x 2 24w T5
8 hours a day

Alternative moon effect:
LED Aquarium Nano Light HMD-C4

[b]
CO2:[/b]
Pressurised COs stystem

[b]Substrate:[/b]
Oliver Knott Nature Soil small
[b]
Fertilisation and dosing:[/b]

Earylife 'easycarbo' 2ml daily
Easylife 'easy-Ferro 1ml daily
Easylife 'easy-ProFito 6ml weekly

30% water change weekly

Re: My greenscape

I like it, and agree with Tom, Rockwork is bold and captures your attention first off

Did the HC grow OK with the DIY setup?

Post some more pics for us please, if you get a chance

Jason

Thanks everyone. HC is growing very well with DIY. I am going to go pressurised though when funds are available, the reason is I would like more control and do away with the constant mulm build up on the diffuser. I've included new pics plus an update on the ferts. Having included Glossostigma elatinoides the extra iron is needed, I feel this has had an effect on the cuba as well.

Any more comments are most welcome.

stu

Can I ask what th green long tall grass is in the background? Did you position it near your filter outlet so it 'blew' the grass over in that shape? Love that look. Im thinking of going for that style soon...

i really like this tank, rocks look nice and the layout is great.
plants look really lush too, i especially like the foreground, and the valley between the rocks. love it! :thumbup:

could you list the livestock please?

Thanks for your comments. Neon tetras, Galaxy Rasbora, Asian Rummy nose Females. These pics were taken 19 months ago. Not long after these images were taken the tank cracked and fell apart! So I had to save what I could
and create new layout which is even better and I will post new images very soon.

The Vallis has gone and replaced with ELEOCHARIS VIVIPARA thin hair grass long - the new layout has Paradise fish with a few honey gouramis... check back soon

Regards

Stuart

Back