• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

plantedtanks.co.uk competition

Judging panel wil be:

Jeremy Gay - Editor in Chief Practical Fishkeeping
Axel Pinders - Owner DOHSE group (Dupla, Hobby, Zolux)
John Whelan - Owner Aquarium Plant Food
Tony Newsom-Virr - Owner PlantedTanks

And finally the peer review.

Nice.. this is a good panel. :) PFK has been publishing great articles about planted tanks, and Dupla is a market leader, so it is great.

I also like that there will be peer review, so that will make the comp fairer.

Just now waiting for the theme. :D

I agree Luis, the fact a PFK name is behind this can only mean good things, more exposure, and like I mentioned in a previous post, more reason for other companies and organizations to follow suit.

Thanks plantedtanks and all those involved in setting this up.

Well PFK aint all bad haha,

I did think when I read that 'did I really say that!!. Haha

It just mean more publicity for the scene. :D

I think the Theme is an excellent choice and will make for some interesting scapes. Pity The Barren had an accident, could have changed things around in it and used it.

With only 12 days left to enter - the competition site is up and running... http://competition.plantedtanks.co.uk to enter.

All the prizes are here and ready to be shipped... I am sure someone will really appreciate the Multicontrol and the RO unit... Then there is the quality stainless tool kit as well! Plus you also get ferts supplied by APFUK so not bad for a photo...

And we are off! The first entries are appearing. Good luck to everyone who enters.

Gallery can be found at http://competition.plantedtanks.co.uk

For anyone who maybe experiencing issues uploading, send a pm to Darthpaul, (on talkaquatics.com) include a mobile number so he can text you to join a forum chat and resolve the issue.

Remember all entries need to be uploaded by 30th April 2011.

So pi&>±d I left my dsm iwagumi out in the sun and cooked it....so close to the date aswell :(

I hope thats not all the entries!

The images shown are all the entries to date. All bar the first one as that was a test upload when we did not get any entries.
So with that in mind, everyone who has bothered has an excellent chance of winning a fantastic prize!

Indeed if id seen this i would have had a go! Think it needs more advertising next time!

Judging is now underway...

Due to the high volume of entries - we have decided to NOT run the public poll. Instead the Judging and results will be on the Judging panel only.

One point to notice is that there is a fifth judge - the moderator who has already found that one entry has been used prior to this competition. This therefore is a breach of the rules and the entry has been disqualified.

Judging will be complete in the next few days.

Back