• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

+2.5ft Iwagumi Shallow Tank

dsc02265zj.jpg

Day 28

jenclibee - thanks

I guess 96W + Sufficient fert are able to boost the growth

dsc02289d.jpg

Day 36

Added in 3 Red Cherry Shrimps.

dsc02291uy.jpg

Need to start trimming the front part.

Very nice looking setup,the growth rate is very impressive,i am considering a shallow setup but i have to convince the wife :rolleyes:

regards,
john.

Wow! Thats a great carpet! With these dimensions it makes he tank look at least 5 foot :lol: Good work!

yeah it looks like a 6foot tank! imagine it with hc :)

i know youve gone crazy with he substrate system so that must help, but im dosing 1ml of brightly k and 1ml of step one and 1ml of tpn+ daily with high co2, 18w light over 15liters and ada power sand special s with ada amazonia powder, and im struggling with hc, i know your using glosso but your only dosing 1m a day in a tank a kazillion times as big as my nano?

clearly its working for you but i just cant make sense of it haha.

Latest picture...

dsc02310yw.jpg

dsc02351s.jpg

Position of the tank in the house; facing dining table

I dose based on the plant growth. Now 2ml of BorneoWild Growth and 1ml of ADA Brighty K daily.

dsc02354xm.jpg

1 out of 3 fire red in my tank now. Transferred from 5ft to pot @ balcony and now into 2.5ft tank.

Trimming time . . .

dsc02436zf.jpg

Snip..snip!

dsc02437qw.jpg

Only the front portion is trimmed...the rest of the area will be done in stages to avoid algae outbreak.

dsc02460v.jpg

BorneoWild Wave Cutter.

dsc02461l.jpg

Floating glosso is scooped out using fine net. I have removed the glass diffuser for cleaning and replace it with clean set.

dsc02454i.jpg

Tank glass is cleaned with blade scrapper before performing water change. Easier to clean off GDA/GSA compare to magnet type and I dont have to wet my hand.

dsc02474u.jpg

Result after trimming . . .

dsc02471fb.jpg

FTS

dsc02446s.jpg

Random shot of Badis-badis

dsc02445g.jpg

Mirror mirror...who is the cutest fish in this world?

dsc02447pi.jpg

Badis M: Hi pretty...want to be my girlfriend?

dsc02449i.jpg

Badis F: Not interested..bye!

A little update on the progress......

dsc02475s.jpg

Day 48. Massive trimming and add few more rocks this coming weekend...

dsc02476j.jpg

Top down picture

dsc02477.jpg

New toys :twisted:

dsc02478yy.jpg

Cute bubble counter..

dsc02491x.jpg

To replace my ADA Brighty K

dsc02489i.jpg

GUSH Bubble (poppy) type glass outlet

dsc02490v.jpg

Close up on the poppy head

I might be able to help but i am not sure on the postage part..

this tank is turning into low maintenance tank..everything is growing on its own with daily dosing of BorneoWild Growth (1-2ml) and BorneoWild Essence K (2ml)

Hi Prox,great looking scape still,the growth is great,that borneo wild ferts,is available in the uk i wouldn,t mind trying that,i get the feeling you don,t live in the uk,

regards,
john.

John - I am from Malaysia..LFS in UK not selling it?

More updates...

dsc02511r.jpg

Replace my Cal Aqua Lab nano lilypipe with GUSH oBubble pipe.

dsc02512u.jpg

Shot from other angle

dsc02513h.jpg

Another shot...

dsc02518j.jpg

Water is added until the "bubble" head is fully submerged.

dsc02522lk.jpg

Close up shot. I like the wave effect. Co2 diffuser is placed below the output to test the vortex effect. The result is fine co2 bubble got suck into the "bubble" head and circulate inside before being push out again. I am not exactly sure if this will cause co2 loss but further monitoring will be done from tomorrow onwards.

foxfish - i am looking for alternative brand which is cheaper than ADA. BorneoWild fert cost half the price and give me good result. I just sold out all my ADA fert. Thanks for your kind comment.

dsc02524pp.jpg

Sneak preview... will post another pic after the new rocks get some GDA/GSA on it.

little update on the residents inside the tank.

5497244968_4d1efc0c6c.jpg

Left 1 Badis in the tank. The other Badis got injured after being attacked by this guy. :twisted:

5496657923_f472f9f68a.jpg

5497251498_d5df45c7f6.jpg

5496658339_14a546fcb5.jpg

Random shot of Boraras maculatus

5499256681_37cf1a2b52.jpg

For my future rescape..

5499876542_3487b8be33.jpg

Quick left side shot. Glosso not as compact compare to the middle section due to light distribution but still acceptable.

Today added 1 pot of Cryptocoryne parva. Saw it at LFS many months ago. Feel pity for the plant so I decided to adopt it back. Separate out into smaller portion and treated with BorneoWild Growth to kill algae.

Back