• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Re: 60cm Nature Aquarium. Moss report

Well here's a pic of plants that dont care what substrate is in the tank :lol:

you can make out a few new shoots from the moss, on the underside of the wood. I've got to admit, i was nervous when i saw some of it dieing. I thought i was going to loose the lot. :oops:

Also, you can see the unfurling leaves from the bolbitis. You can just make out it pearling to. At the end of the photoperiod, it's like a christmas tree.

unfurling.jpg

Nice shot there mark, glad to hear the moss is on the comeback.

+1 on florabase, I've reused and reused mine in little set ups and I replant replant and move rocks and it stays good.

Cheers for the eye candy mate haha :)

nayr88 said:
Nice shot there mark, glad to hear the moss is on the comeback.

cheers mate. As each day passes, and today is more noticeable than yesterday even, the moss is now doing good.

Nice, new green sprigs coming from the main source

here's to show the once hidden stems. Taken after lights off, the crowns are closed.

sleeping-stems.jpg

Can you tell that this is a slow burner?....not much in the way of full tank shots :lol:

I do think, this could take an age to look anything decent. I'm still in the process of getting rid of old leaves daily. o_O

Re: 60cm Nature Aquarium. Sleeping stems.

Even from the macro shots is transperent that the tank is becoming a real small juwel.
Keep teasing us with parts of the tank Mark and you will soon get a bunch of angry fens /otherwise nice guys/ on your doorstep trying to snitch a glimpse of the whole tank.. :)

Regards

Re: 60cm Nature Aquarium. Sleeping stems.

Just to let all know what a gentleman you have in Mark,he won a video contest in the Irish fish forum with this tank and donated his prize to the second runner up- the prize might not have been great but Mark's generosity was
http://www.irishfishforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8996
Well done Mark gives a wee insight to the person behind the threads, take care

Re: 60cm Nature Aquarium "quemador lenta"

mrjackdempsey said:
Just to let all know what a gentleman you have in Mark,he won a video contest in the Irish fish forum with this tank and donated his prize to the second runner up- the prize might not have been great but Mark's generosity was
http://www.irishfishforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8996
Well done Mark gives a wee insight to the person behind the threads, take care

:oops: thanks Dave.

Antoni Dimitrov said:
Congratulations Mark, thats a really fine gesture of yours! Admiration!

it was only fair mate.

Update.

I've named the tank. (see title) kind of fits the nature of the tank.

Things are good. Moss starts to grow good.

The liliaeopsis has been trimmed. some old growth left, but new stuff replaces it. It's not getting the light of previous tanks so it's growing quite slowly.

The stems in the back are due a cut soon.

c heferi is doing great, with a new leaf or 2 showing. no browning as yet

Bolbitis has been hacked right back to new growth only. looks bare at the moment.

crypts are doing their usual thing.

I've taken a picture to show progress. albeit, a rough one.

snap.jpg

The tank is really low light, so for this pic i had to add an additional tube directly over the foreground just to illuminate it.

Omg, it's lush! I love the contrasting textures and colours!

amy4342 said:
Omg, it's lush! I love the contrasting textures and colours!

Thanks Amy. Still a long way to go though :D

Tom said:
What are you backlighting your shots with Mark?

nothing on this one Tom. I just lowered the lights, and added 1 more 54wt5.

Antoni Dimitrov said:
Mark, I must admit, that I was sceptical about the flat substrate, but now I proved wrong and the layout is turning out great!

Cheers Antoni. I think you can see that the moss should add some kind of depth. I've laid the stones in such a way to draw the eye towards the central part. I'm hoping that the moss will cover part of the forward most branch to, as it sticks out a little.

When the crypts fill in, they'll hide the gaps. You'd never know the substrate wasn't banked.

no strobes on this matey.

forgot to add...for George...i've removed that middle bolbitis ;)

George Farmer said:
What post-processing have you done, if any? The greens look mental!

most of it comes off camera, i always boost contrast and saturation. In PS, i use curves and that little trick you taught me, which came from Dan...remember? ;)

Back