• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim Ecco Pro playing up

Tom

My Ecco Pro has just started misbehaving :(

It didn't re-start after normal maintenance. It buzzes, but the impeller doesn't turn. If I open it and turn it on (my bad!), it only starts if I turn the impeller first myself and give it a bump start.

It's not that there's an air lock or anything, and it is priming fine.

Any ideas?

Tom

Just bodged it using guesswork and 10mm of airline around the top of the impeller shaft where it sits in the holder and it's started this time. Is there usually a rubber cap on top of the shaft or anything? Does it sound like impeller failure?

There's no air in it at all, and it is rattling a bit (that's what the airline bit was meant to help)

Hi Tom you are right, there are 2off ( I think this is the part no you need 7444390) spindle mounts. It sounds as if with one missing the impellor was not centralised in the motor hub and fouling. The improvised piece of tuning sounds like it will keep you going for now, regards Colin.

Back