• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

worm roaming my tank!

nayr88

So I picked up my new inline co2 deffuser(new must have item :) ) get home fit it, co2 is running for n hour lights come on I'm checking the tank out for a good half hour, all seems well.

I'm out all day come back and blam!!! There's a worm bowling around my tank! Looked like a long thing pale blood worm, moved quite quick and seemed pretty confident near the otto.

I got a picture then tweezerd it out before it go stuck into the thick areas of the tank. Sorry about quality was rushing on my phone. Any idea on what it was? Could it of hitchhiked on the inline from HongKong?

Cheers

utf-8BSU1HMDA2ODEtMjAxMTAyMTYtMTYwNS5qcGc.jpg

Hi all,
I should think it is an annelid worm of some sort, and probably did come with the plants. I've got very similar ones out of my pond, I'm hoping that they may be a Lumbriculus sp (like California Black-worm), but I'm waiting for a definitive ID at the moment. I've tried introducing them in to the tanks, but the fish keep eating them, so I'm going to try the "Shrimp tank2 to see if they establish.

cheers Darrel

You'll nearly always get things in the aquarium you didn't plan on - planaria seem to get in without fail, I still have tiny tiny little white worms in my substrate, the fish grab them if they see them so I see it as free live food :)

nry said:
You'll nearly always get things in the aquarium you didn't plan on - planaria seem to get in without fail, I still have tiny tiny little white worms in my substrate, the fish grab them if they see them so I see it as free live food :)

Yeah, As long as they are no harm to ourselfs ay. :D

Cheers darrel , thing is I havnt introduced new plants in months well apart from a pot of lfs hc.

Still my fighter ate it up quick time :)

Back