• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tom's Mini M

Re: Tom's Mini M - 15/02 Tenellus deficiency help!?

I've just noticed a couple of the tenellus leaves are looking less than healthy. Just on the right hand side, which is interesting as it's where I've lost the most of the plant. Can anyone point out what it might be, and what I can do about it?

IMG_8766.jpg

Re: Re: Tom's Mini M - 15/02 Tenellus deficiency help!?

It could well be that you don't have the "right" humidity, not all of the plants we grow like 100% humidity.

Could well be I suppose. I just sat on my glass lid and smashed it, so I now have the bent piece of perspex so we'll see what happens now there's gaps!
The other suggestion I had on thebarrreport was that the ferts spray might be burning the leaf. Is this a possibility?

I've added some of what I think what might be Lilaeopsis in where the tenellus has suffered with the transition. The new plants are emersed grown and in Tropica/AF size portions, so it's filled the gaps nicely and should be quicker to get going with any luck. £2.45 a pot at the LFS isn't bad either for what it is.
I've still got some more Glosso coming from Plantedtanks too, which should cover the remaining gaps.

IMG_8847.jpg

IMG_8841.jpg

ResizeAssistant-1-9.jpg

Tom

Re: Tom's Mini M - 15/02 Tenellus deficiency help!?

Looking nice tom :thumbup: ,

regards,
john.

Re: Re: Tom's Mini M

Looks really good. Any thoughts on fish species?

I have been thinking about something like Glolight or Xray Tetras. Something nice looking but not too bold and colourful. Then a couple of Ottos and some Amano Shrimp. I've never tried Amanos before, always had Cherries.

Have you got any suggestions? It's quite a novelty thinking about fish, I haven't bought any for myself in years!

Thanks Mark. I just saw some Xrays being added to my LFS's tanks this morning and they looked really nice. They were only small though - the larger ones they had would be a bit too big, but if I could get hold of some smaller ones they should be great in there.

Just thought I'd add some pics of the micranthemoides growing emersed. It's doing really well. All I did was layed it on the substrate and it's rooted and straightened out well.

IMG_8887-1.jpg

Cropped in:
micranthemoides.jpg

Tom

That is gonna look super swish Tom, cracking stuff!

As for fish, have you thought about just rocking up to a good LFS and getting what you like the look of? It's so hard to think of what fish suit the scape without seeing them. You see the scape all the time so your mind knows what it looks like. Take your mind to the fish and see what it wants?....

Celestial Pearl Danios would work well though, I got 6 for £1.50 each the other day and they are awesome!

That's a good idea Dan. Just see what they have in at the time. I can probably request some too at the local if I knew what I wanted.

I've never been sure about those Danios. There was the massive craze for them when they were first imported, but whenever I see them they tend to look deformed. Mainly spine problems. They're great looking fish if you can find nice ones, but I think I'm gonna aim for something a bit more plain this time round. I've always fancied a good shoal of glass cats too, but I see them in a larger and heavier planted tank with bolbitis and mosses! Maybe that's next time...

All these far too good looking 'scapes are making me want to re-do my own...even though as usual it still isn't 'finished' :)

Looking lovely, once filled it should look even better!

Tom said:
I've always fancied a good shoal of glass cats too, but I see them in a larger and heavier planted tank with bolbitis and mosses! Maybe that's next time...
It's funny you should say that coz i'm hoping to put 6 in my 80cm, and i've got Bolbitis LOL

Back