• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UP CO2 Atomizer help needed!

Aeropars

Guys,

I've just put in my Up CO2 atomizer but cannot get it working. I was expecting to have a very fine mist coming out my spraybars but nothing. When i disconnect the co2 tubing theres a pressure release so CO2 is being released. I dont have any leaks or anything either.

Whats wrong? Anyone have any ideas?

I have anear on full bottle of CO2 using a JBL regulator.

Any help apreciated.

I'm not too sure which is which but one dial is 60 bar and the other is 1.5 bar. The one thats 1.5 bar normally changes depending on how open th needle valve is.

I've given it a good 5 minutes but with no joy. Does it matter which way round the atomizer is? I didnt get any instructions so not sure if it matters.

I changed the regulator and now have mist! Very odd! I guess the JBL regulator has a lower working pressure.

The bubbles are tiny! Im already sure that this will be much better than the Aquamas job i had before.

George - Did i read somewhere that you have yours on the inlet of your filter? I'd love to be able to rid the mist if possible as it gives something of a cloudy effect.

After lots of tinkering i concluded that the Up atomiser required a minimum of 1.7 bar to work. As George mentions earlier it requires this pressure to be forced through the ceramic tube.

Aeropars said:
Thanks Andy,

I saw in the other thread mentioned that you can alter the regulator although mine seems to be an earlier version. Do you know if all JBL's are adustable?

No not all of them are. There should be a little black cap which you pop off and there is an hex head bolt underneath. Not all regs come with this option.

Are any of you using jubilee clips on the atomizer to hold the pipes on? or just the standard plastic fitments as they come?

Possible water leaks frighten me, its not the actual water... more the mrs!

I had this issue mate, The reg sounds like its too tight on the bottle, loosen it up about a quarter a turn or even half and it will have loads more pressure!

Edit: And yes i use "hose clips" to hold all my fittings on! even then i had a few teething leeks :D

Yes i use hose clips on all mine, as the screw thread is questionable! And i too am scared what Mrs H would do to me if i flooded the cream carpet in the lounge!

So moving back a little, can any of you recommend a good one way valve to use and are any of you that are using the up atomizer, do you have jubilee clips on the co2 pipe around the one way valve? Or are no clips need.
I ask as my system is running at just under 2 bar, anything below this and the atomizer just will not spring into life.

Back