• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

1600 Gallon update

plantbrain

Expert
Hell frozen over.
Not the best pics, I was working and did not have time for a decent photo shoot.

tesizedfeb201.jpg

resized16002.jpg

resized1600galfeb20.jpg

Tank looks immensely better/improved, the owner' has taken more effort and thought into both keeping it up and the long term design.

You cannot see the roots from the aunbias well in these pics, but they are nice and dramatic. Same for the 450 Gal office tank.

The plants and tank was not doing as well, which is why I came down. CO2, what else is new. The CO2 probe had not been calibrated in some years so it was way over due. It was about 2x off, so a reading of 40ppm was really 20 ppm.

The other tank at the office?
Was doing well, and the CO2 was about 46-48ppm.

White sand foreground is good/looks better. The wild discus look much better, they will be the main theme(about 30 of the some of the largest & nicest I've seen, in quarantine). Hemiodus gracilis is a really nice fish for such a tank.

LED lighting was added and can give many different lighting set ups and effects on this tank, but these must be seen in person, no way to get a picture with such little lighting as is.
Sorry for the blurred pics, but something better than nothing.

WOW this tank has evolved! i remember seeing it back on tropicalfishforums, the scape has evolved soooo much! looks better with the sand at the front, the anubias roots are huge!

thanks for the update tom. :D

Regards, Gus.

This is something else!!! So beautiful, you must be very proud. Any cuttings mate haha

Water changes must be murder! :)

Thanks for sharing

Anubias roots are always someting to look at, they look so impressive.

About the CO2 probe what model do you use? I have not read yet about a CO2 probe that would measure ppm.

A lovely tank indeed.

CO2 meter: Oxyguard makes one, runs about 2-3k$
Water changes are easy..........

Turn a valve, drains the tank, turn another, refills.

CO2 meter: Oxyguard makes one, runs about 2-3k$
Water changes are easy..........

Turn a valve, drains the tank, turn another, refills.
Water changes are easy.

Magnificent Tom, thanks for the update. Can you tell me what the lowest foreground plants are?

mjbarnard said:
Looks fantastic. Have copied your turn a valve, drain, turn another valve, fill.

On any larger tank, or multiple tank systems, this is the only way to go. Might cost you a plumber's labor etc, maybe 200-400$, but over 2-3 years, worth every pence.

Back