• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm "quemador lenta"...tank finished.

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" Hydracotyle sp. Japan

JEK said:
Does it actually origin from Japan?

I believe so. Apparently, it grows outside of NAG, like a weed.

Tom said:
I love that stuff, it looks very delicate.

It is really pretty. It's added just that little bit of something, another texture to the tank.

Tom said:
How's your Lilaeopsis coming on?

Really good now that the old growth has died off and disappeared.

Tom said:
I'm finding mine's dying back a bit at the moment, but it's only been filled 3 days or so.

Cut it down then Tom. There's should be enough in the roots for regeneration. It's a slow grower, so be aware.

looks like it's easy to get a carpet of the stuff...

http://www.naacademy.pl/Galerie/NA-Gall ... m?photo=15

ADA-gallery11-10-056_jpg_170_128_normal.jpg

After a little bit of research, I've bought 6 cherry barbs. I've sexed them up, 3 x males and 3 x females.

I hope that's the right thing to do?

I've chosen these, because of the colour. The tanks 90% green, with a bit of colour coming from undulatus red, the wood and the stems: lud. pal red.

pics later when they've settled in.

Here's the first few moments of their new lives.

Prime candidates for photos i think.

cherry2.jpg

cherry-1-1.jpg

Pretty fish goes in...pretty fish swims around...pretty fish hides!!!! :lol:

They somehow went into cover, the damn things. anyway, i water change seemed to bring them out....that's just an excuse to post an image :angelic:

set1.jpg

George Farmer said:
Mark still can't spell the name of the plant though!

Meh... 8) I must add it to my spell check.

Antoni Dimitrov said:
Not an usual choice for aquascape, but a great addition to the Quemador Lenta!

It's one of he reasons i got them. I thought they were plant eaters, but because many have them in planted tanks, i wanted them to :D

and on to the final pics for at least 2 weeks! I've been 'rained off' today, so awfully bored :arghh:

CHERRY1.jpg

CHERRY22-1.jpg

CHERRY3-1.jpg

Beautiful fish. You are lucky to have such a good shop close to you ;)

Piece-of-fish said:
Beautiful fish. You are lucky to have such a good shop close to you

Gorgeous colours mate. I do like them a lot....there actually a P@H buy. :D

Wow :0

I'm running out of words that can describe this tank, haha. Its just so beautiful!( Good word?) lol, the combination of photography and amazing aquascaping is actually so so inspiring, its going to be hard when I do my 60cm to not just recreate this, its 'ultimate' IMO, I'd be tempted to get a glosso carpet out front.

Those fish are great I saw them in pets at home and was going to look into tank size needed ect. But I'm stuck between these and some red pencil fish in my LFS.

Cheers Mark, have you got a photo bucket or something similar where you have stored previous tank pics? I'd really like to see them.

Cheers

What's P@H

Fits the scape very well. :thumbup: Seems like you have really good growth, is it aquasoil you use for substrate?

nayr88 said:
Cheers Mark, have you got a photo bucket or something similar where you have stored previous tank pics? I'd really like to see them.

I dont have a gallery as such. I could possibly start a thread of some of my past images?

Thanks Nayr88 for the kind words. I do post a lot of images, and it's nice to get feedback, but one of the other big reasons i do it, is because if i can help inspire then I've helped do my bit for the hobby.

Heavy posting, hopefully, will spark conversations and questions. :thumbup:

nayr88 said:
What's P@H

the answer... :D

nayr88 said:
Those fish are great I saw them in pets at home

JEK said:
Seems like you have really good growth, is it aquasoil you use for substrate?

Its colombo flora base. very similar to ADA. The growth, i believe, has been helped along by these new ferts. seriously, there great!

P@H!! My god! Can't believe I didn't catch that one.

Mark if you did start a thread thatd be amazing, when you get the time I think you should. The tanks I have seen are some of my favorite of all I've seen, truly inspiring.

I had great results with florabase on my old set up and once I closed the tank I left it in a bucket and my brother is re using it in his arc20liter with no turning to mush and still great growth. How many liters did you use. 10?

Make the thread !!! :D :D :D :D

Your too kind guys :D

The cherry barbs are such a delight. Pretty and usefull. They seem to be going over everything, cleaning. Is this the norm? I've read they like algae, diatoms etc...

here's a short vid to back up the cherrys and their cleaning abilities.

I've observed really closely, and their not eating the moss...they get very close and pull the bits of diatoms. They also go around the wood and substrate.

Much nicer looking than shrimp and do a great job.

A joy to watch. Seems like they're good algae eaters. The moss needs some trimming again, doesn't it?

JEK said:
The moss needs some trimming again, doesn't it?

The moss on the substrate, hasn't been cut yet. I may do it this weekend. In areas, it's took a firm hold to the wood :D

Re: 60cm "quemador lenta" Hydrocotyle sp. "Japan"

Mark, loving this tank! For me it looks so natural it doesn't look like its been created if you know what i mean!
That Hydrocotyle is sweet! If you ever have any spare and looking to sell, let me know ! I have the perfect spot in my nano!

Keep up the good work!

Andy

Back