• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

columbo flora base ammonia confusion

DaiandGems

Seedling
Hiya im jus about to set up my 90l tank with a columbo flora base substrate with possibly light gravel layer over the top but am confused about ammonia leaching from product am i right in thinking i can add plants but jus keep doing water changes until my readings are clear and if so how long will this take roughly thanks Dai.

It says it doesn't but if you put some in a jar and test the water it most definitely does, much, much less than ADA however.

so i jus keep testing til i get 0ppm readings before adding fish but can i add plants before

Add plants on the same day you fill the tank, run the tank for a month then add fish if you have everything under control. Worst thing you can do in a new tank is add fish if you're a beginner, livestock mean you're not as flexible when it comes to getting things under control if you have any algae hit you.

Back