• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

30 cm nature aquarium

Tom said:
Try and increase to 50% water changes per day, and keep pulling it out. A toothbrush might help to remove it, and maybe some thin airline to get in the small gaps. I would personally increase both my CO2 dosing and possibly EasyCarbo too. An inline diffuser might help with distributing more CO2 if you are able to get one. Keep going, you can beat it.
Thanks for your advice, Tom! :thumbup:

2nd that, good advice tom, that's how I've come over it. Liquid carbon helped a lot. Hehe

Don't give up mate. ONCE, not if you beat it it'll be a cracka of a tank so keep at it pal,

You will beat it! I've never had a tank yet that didn't go throught the Nightmare of Algae before it hit the balance!

I wont give up, that's for sure. I'll follow Tom's advice and I'll probable be able to get some amano shrimps next week.

Hi Jek,i would say your algae probs are due to poor circulation and flow,those stones are big and will seriously restrict circulation, look at addressing this,up your water changes too every other day,up your co2,and get in there and clean it off every day if need be,you will beat it this way,

john.

You might be right about the circulation, the Eden 501 should provide 300 l/h, but as you say the stones do restrict the flow. I'f nothing else helps I'll think of getting some more circulation...

Still struggling with algae unfortunately. And the webshop I'm trying to buy shrimps from aren't very willing to sell, it seems. Maybe he also got algae... :lol:

Mark Evans said:
I'd echo Tom.

get some shrimp ottos, and from my experience....cherry barbs :lol:

Whenever I've had a wee bit of thread algae my cherry barbs have gone mental about it. They love that stuff!

Back