• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim Ecco Pro head full of water

Tom

Just woke up to a puddle of water on the floor around my Eheim. I took the head off to check the o ring, but when I lifted it off a whole load of water came out the top. Was just wandering where it came from!!! I can't see anything wrong, and it's the first time I've had it happen o_O It's not like I did something wrong yesterday either, I didn't touch the filter and nothing was wrong.

How do you rate your Ecco Pro Tom?

I am looking to get a new filter in the next couple of months and am tempted by the Ecco Pro 300 for my 30Gal tank. it will be running along side a Koralia NANO 900 so flow isn't the concern I have, BUt i see on this forum you have been having some issues.

Ease of use - Brilliant
Ease of maintenance - Brilliant
Design - Brilliant
Noise - until recently, Brilliant

I'm just not sure what caused this, and it hasn't happened since. It may just be that there was some grit in a seal that I hadn't noticed. It's been quite loud for a while too, but then I think I'm just missing a bit from the top of the impeller shaft which would make sense. I've DIY'd it for now using airline around the top of the shaft, and I'm sure if I were to get a new part it would be back to being brilliant.

I would still say buying a new one would be well worth the money. I got this one free second hand with a tank. The problems I've had will probably either be the fault of the previous owner or myself!

Tom

Cool looking at the prices online and the tanks size rating it looks a bit of a bargain being sub £100.

Will be sorley tempted come next payday. :)

My Wife will kill me if I order it this month!

I have a bit of time before I need it to be honest. The Fluval 205 will survive 2/3rds max stocking so no rush as the first fish have only been in there a month! :)

Most folks I've talked to advise against the Eheim Ecco Pros. This is because they're not actually made by Ehiem and therefore you're not getting the quality as you'd expect.

Back