• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

which regulator/solenoid?

markp35

im struggling to choose a good regulator and solenoid to go on a fire extinguisher . ive found 1 that seems good quality but was wondering if theres anything as good but cheaper?

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/tmc-v2- ... -3702.html

ive seen those up regulators on ebay , but im wary of this cheap stuff from hong kong / taiwan . plus a 30 day warranty isnt exactly very much . and ive been reading the solenoids are weak/prone to breaking down too .

what do people use in the way of regulator/solenoid setup for fire extinguishers?

im very close to ordering but dont want to pay over the odds , but also more importantly i dont want to get stuck with a lemon .

Lunapet regs are cheaper. You'll find them on their site or on ebay.

are they fire extinguisher-fit , or do they need an adapter?

Only regulators meant for disposable bottles need adaptors, imo they're the best regs on the market.

google didnt turn up much , and ebay search returned no results either .

Hi if you open the Lunapet website using Google and using tools open Google Translate German to English you will be able to read all the text. Having a quick look this appears to be a single stage, twin gauge regulator described in there words as a CO2 Pressure Reducer with twin gauges. If this is the case, I could not find the link they suggested to the downloadable instruction manual, this is not good as you could suffer a CO2 dump as the bottle gets empty. Try searcing this site for more info on CO2 dump there is a fair bit including some stuff I put on myself. The reg you ideally want is twin stage and as good as you can afford, because looked after it will last a lifetime regards Colin. :)

Back