• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

80cm - Far East Youth (incomplete)

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
This is a recent 'scape I did for PFK, featured as a 5 page step-by-step in the April 2011 issue. It's an Asian-themed set-up featuring plants and fish from SE Asia.

It was a real shame I couldn't allow it to mature, as I think it had real potential.

The tank and cabinet belong to the magazine, and I had to give them back before it could grow in properly.

Anyway, I thought some of you guys who don't buy the mag may be interested in seeing it.

5527004715_478cc06544_b.jpg

5527596084_22e6ec22e3_z.jpg

5527595212_c32ec58bab_z.jpg

5527003851_734d133bde.jpg

5527594600_3298dc714d_b.jpg

It is a cracking scape, I really like the way the rocks and wood is positioned.

It seems mostly crypts and some grass were used, and that is good, as the maintenance is easily managed.

PFK is really embracing the planted tank hobby, and it great that the tank has a step by step so that people can try for themselves.

Another great scape from you. Soon you will be able to have a book with all your scapes, you must have had more than 30 by now. :)

So unfortunate they didn't wait a few more months so it could reach maturity .. really nice aquascape and such amazing fish colors. :)

clonitza said:
So unfortunate they didn't wait a few more months so it could reach maturity

:text-+1: real shame :( .

can i ask what sand you used ?.

Amazing detail. The mix of colours in the substrate go so well with the the fish and the grass and
line detail in the Botias make a striking contrast! Nice one

Stu

Simple and beautiful. Nothing unnecessary. Real artists work :thumbup:
Good that the hobby gets promoted in the best way.

nelson said:
can i ask what sand you used ?.

And you have seen it in the flesh during the meet ;)
It was a small bag which i was going to mix with maui...
Unipac sands are very nice.

Back