• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Thinking Of Improving My Wpg

flix_cw

Seedling
My current WpG is a measly 0.5.

I have a 12", 8W T5 sylvania grolux tube in my 2ft, 15g planted tank. The arcadia starter controller only goes up to 8W so i can't just shove in a higher wattage tube.

Due to the hood, i can't fit in an 18" T5 tube, even if i bought a new starter unit.

However, T8 tubes are available in 15", and would fit nicely in the hood. These come as 14W tubes, which would give me a massive 0.9 WpG! :lol:

A starter unit averages £20, 14W tube i can get for £10, is this upgrade worth it for ~£30?

Would i really see a noticeable increase in growth rate (if ferts and liquid carbon dosing was altered accordingly)?

Nope, it's one of these:

174d83fca8c9655f36272e86fd5dc3ee.jpg

where are you based mate? Someone on here might know a good local supplier for you. Have you thought about going open topped with your tank? You can get some really good clip on lights and don't have to fiddle around fitting them in the hood! Hope this helps, Matt

Central london. I'm near the well known Aquatic Design Centre which is pretty kitted out, so i shall have a peruse on my next visit.

I don't know, i'm not too keen on a hoodless tank, i feel the hood hides a lot of tubes etc and keeps it all in a bit more order. I appreciate where you're coming from though, maybe when i get another one... :shifty:

Back