• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Splitting into two outflows?

NeilW

Possibly a moment of inspiration (or stupidity) but would it be possible to split the output from my filter to eliminate the dead spot in my tank? I would still be using the one inflow of course and the outlets would both be pointing in the same direction so wouldn't be fighting each other.

Any thoughts? :?

It's easy enough but you seem to lose a lot of pressure so the flow rates the same but the velocity is greatly decreased, it will also be greater in terms of flow from the side with least resistance.

Hi following on from Garuf, here is a link too a suitable Y piece,http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/MSE-Performance but as Garuf picks up on you are introducing a slight resistance to something that must already be struggling if you have dead spots, and splitting it in to 2x50%. Sounds like you need another filter or a Koralia or circ pump of some sort. Have fun anyway kind regards Colin.

It's more his scape I think. Struggling to find the sweet spot still, Neil?

Thanks very much for the suggestions, much appreciated.

I thought I was onto a winner this time recently by just changing the outflow, but the last couple of days has unleashed the dreaded black beard algae so I think I'm doing something very wrong with the whole setup. I think this has given me a reason to start thinking about finally 'scaping my Mini S, transferring the livestock and then taking a proper look from the ground up of this original tank as it really doesn't want to play ball.

Back