• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Baby Chipmunk Rescue

Gill

Had ben hearing an animal squeeking around the Puppies cage for a few days.
This morning i had a good look around and found a baby chipmunk in the metal roof sheeting.
Bought it inside and put in an old colander with the burlap sack cloth, that was its nest. (could not find any other siblings, crows must have taken them)
Read up on its care and fed it using the scalded milk method. took the milk readily and is cosily nestled up in the sack cloth.

I have been looking for the parents @ the original nesting area (where the puppies enclosure was being stored by the buffalo sheds), but have not seen them or heard them. Will keep an eye out for them @ milking time, but doubt they will take him as he has been handled by humans now.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 941e0806f3

Yeah..hats off to you for taking responsibility to care for this little fellow....good job Gill

Keep us updated on how you and he/she get on

Thanks Guys, he has been feeding well on milk. And sits happily on my thigh for feeding. Neice says she will continue looking after it as she is not so fond of the new puppy. Its eye's should open before we fly back to the uk.

Sadly the little guy perished during one night. Was doing great on scalded milk then went downhill suddenly.

Back