• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Wabi garden" - Wabi Kusa project

I have not been posting for awhile, as I didn't have much of a free time lately, but today, as I was doing some product shoots for our website/shop I manage to take picture of the Wabi garden too :
Wabi%20kusa%2029.03_s.jpg

I have changed the name, as you have noticed, because the fern, didn't make it. I had to replace it with another unknown for me plant :geek: , which I found growing outdoor, but yet very beautiful and similar to the hydricotile sp.

I'm quite pleased with it as it is flowering at the moment with very cute purple blooms/two rigth now, but another 4-5 or five are about to blossom in the following days/ :clap:

Really very nice,i am showing the wife and she likes it very much,so i think i will get one :D ,

John.

bigmatt said:
Really, really nice. I really liked the (very) early pics where the tank was bare - thought it gave a great modern, minimalist vibe to the whole thing. It's still lovely though!
Cheers
Matt

Thanks Matt, yes the early stage was very nice, but a I felt it was a not that much natural, as it should be for a Wabi kusa and that's why I place some sand in it.

john starkey said:
Really very nice,i am showing the wife and she likes it very much,so i think i will get one :D ,

John.

Thanks John, I'm glad your wife likes it too! It is a different aspect of the hobby and it is a great fun too, but very addictive! You are warned now :D

I also have another Wabi, that would be with proper aquatic plants -thanks to Mark! :thumbup: but still working on the hardscape at the moment. IT would be a round shallow tray with a small island in it and maybe couple of killies. I'm just a bit unsure about the killies in such a small volume of water: 1-1.5 l of water?

I was caught up by the way sun illuminate the Wabi today, so I decided to take couple of pictures:
Wabi%20on%20the%20sun_s.jpg

and a humble attempt for decent shot from above...

from%20above%20with%20the%20sun_s.jpg

It is blooming like mad at the moment and I'm really pleased with it!

It would be great to identify that stunning plant..

On my way home from my LFS today, I intend to cycle back along some paths next to the local river and have a look about for some wabi' plants to bring home. I get to combine my two passions - Cycling and aquascaping, with some nature thrown in for good effect!

Inspirational stuff Antoni :)

Thanks guys!

Your comments and appreciations mean a lot to me!

As Mark said once, I'm catching the Wabi Kusa fever :D, so is you, Steve! :D

You know, It is great, when cycling or walking around in the outdoors, to observe the plants and arrangement in nature. I'm constantly doing it! :D :D Aquascaping is a great way of communicating with nature, it opens my eyes for the beauty of her creations! There are so many things I discover, that otherwise I wouldn't notice and appreciate!

Very nice indeed Antoni,i dont know what that plant is,but it is a very nice looking plant,

john.

Just bought myself a little glass "Oval roasting dish" from Tesco to do myself one...think i'll go plant hunting tomorrow!

I really love this thread, and definitely intend to have a go myself at some point. I'll be collecting plants when I'm out cycling over the summer too.

I'm not sure mine is classed as a Wabi, since its got a small pine tree in it lol

heathen06 said:
I really love this thread, and definitely intend to have a go myself at some point. I'll be collecting plants when I'm out cycling over the summer too.

Thanks, mate! In the summer, there will be a great choice of plants, that can be used! I often check the fence of stone, when I'm waling arround the street. Sometimes you can find interesting plants, mosses, ferns and ect. :D

Actually the fern that I have used initially was from the fence of my house :)

Johno2090 said:
I'm not sure mine is classed as a Wabi, since its got a small pine tree in it lol

IMO it is exactly a Wabi :D . If we try to follow the meaning of the term "Wabi Kusa" - we will find that:
The name Wabi-Kusa is a reference to the Japanese aesthetic sense of Wabi-Sabi that appeals to the beauty in the slight chaos of nature. Kusa means weeds or plants.
Credit AWF

So it is certainly a Wabi Kusa by meaning :) The term is an ADA trade mark, but I think it is more of a trend after all and tends to be extended and defined in favour of the creators' imagination.

Mine's going great guns! found a few sizeable pieces of moss with plants already growing in them, and transferred them to vases with old tank water in the bottom. I'll upload pics when i get a chance. Just as an aside (and a slight thread hijack - sorry Antoni!) is there a good single source for emersed or Wabi projects? I've had a flick through the emersed section and can't really find anything (but i may have missed it!)
Cheers folks,
Matt

Back