• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Atomic C02 Diffuser

Alastair

Hi, just wondering if anyone has used or know of anyone using these at all?

Aquarium CO2 Diffuser | Atomic - Cal Aqua Labs - Pollen - Nano

they only require very little working pressure from the co2 bottle and i quite like the look of them...Heres a clip of it being shown working

And ive also seen a much cheaper version on ebay here Best CO2 diffuser atomiser ceramic for planted aquarium | eBay

Im about to set up my co2 but with having spraybars mounted along the back of my tank i was going to use inline but one filter is an ex2400 and the tubing is huge so that was out of the question as id not really get even c02 so thought two of these under each spray bar??? :?

Thanks

Alastair

does it? oh ermmmm unsure what to do now, i like a nice clear looking tank but really really want to get one hmmmmmmmmmm

And in two minds as to go for the GLA or ebay one. ebasy is much cheaper, but needs a higher pressure, GLA charge more than the diffuser for delivery though :?:

ALt81 said:
does it? oh ermmmm unsure what to do now, i like a nice clear looking tank but really really want to get one hmmmmmmmmmm

And in two minds as to go for the GLA or ebay one. ebasy is much cheaper, but needs a higher pressure, GLA charge more than the diffuser for delivery though :?:

Yes, the delivery is a killer, and also you get landed with a customs import charge prior to getting the kit. :(

I think that with all costs associated, maybe two of ebay would still work out cheaper than the GLA, but the kit is good.

hi mate i wouldnt get the ebay ones , i too wanted the gla one but thought it was too pricey so ordered a ebay jobby that you've listed ,it took three weeks to come i was excited at first , but it took 30 psi to work then after a week i came home to find it had fallen apart ( end cap had come unstuck) and large amounts of co2 entering my tank ( drop checker yellow) , so thought id order another one ( only £8 ) but asked them to check it first. after id ordered second one i then decided to buy a tmc glass diffuser because i couldnt trust the doggy manufacturing of the ebay one and be arsed to wait. glad i did as when second one came it looked badly manufactured aswell , so i just chucked it in draw . basically you get what you pay for sorry.

I'd have gone for the gla one but it works out very costly once delivery is slapped on. Shame too. I'm not sure I'd like to come home to a broken diffuser like that, but not sure what other internal diffuser I could use suitable for my size tank about 400 litres.

I have had the GLA diffuser working on my tank for about two months, using very low pressure, 2 bar I think, and it works perfectly. The issue is only on the delivery and on the customs charge.

You do get what you paid for. :)

The bill is below all in $, I also had to pay £27 tax on it:
Advertising Source: ASW

Item Quantity Description Amount
---- -------- ----------- ------
300167 1 Small Adjustable Shrimp Net - 11.99
Triangle
126500 1 GLA CO2 Manifold - Dual 69.99
106948 1 Clear CO2 Resistant Tubing - $7.50 / 7.50
10 Feet
300156 1 Atomic CO2 Diffuser - 55mm 23.99
200737 1 Brass Check Valve 9.99

Subtotal 123.46
Tax Rate 0.00%
Tax 0.00
Shipping/Handling 34.55
Total $158.01

thanks for that luis, well, ive taken the plunge and gone for the cheaper one off ebay for now, was only ten pound so will see how that works out when it arrives. I want the GLA one but not the shipping cost and tax ha ha. I did manage to find a website in hong kong that actually sells the same as the GLA but they dont ship over here which was a shame.

Back