• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arcadia Arc Cube - Planted

flyingfish

Following how great my fluval edge has been going and my new love of aquascaping, ive decided to start up another nano tank in the study.
Looking at an arcadia 20l cube as i'm on a limited budget of my birthday and christmas money. this is what i'm looking to be setting up in the tank:

Arcadia Arc Tank - 20 litres

Colombo Flora Base Black - Fine 2.5 Litres
Fluval Mini Pressurised CO2 Kit 20
AE Design 100 Glass CO2 Diffuser
Tropica Plant Nutrition+ 100ml
3x Utricularia Graminifolia
1x Eleocharis Acicularis
1x Lilaeopsis Novea-Zeelandiae

Then after 1-2 weeks i'll be adding,
my mums 2 african dwarf frogs (maybe)
5 Cherry Shrimp

All comments and ideas or other recomendations and help is welcomed.

Thanks,

Flyingfish

The frogs will probably eat the shrimps!
If you're on a tight budget avoid TPN+ and go for EI - so, so much cheaper and a lot easier than you might think if you do your homework
Other than that splash out on some decent hardscape (i love manzanita wood) and it'll make a big impact!
hope this helps,
Matt

I've kept the frogs in a tank for the past 4 months with a group of cherry shrimps and they've so far got on well. I think i'm going to stick with TPN+ due to the fact its easy to use and understand.
I have a few rocks with a lovely gradient ridge effect that i'm going to be using which will look fantastic!
Do you think that the lighting will be enough and what about the co2 system?

FlyingFish

I'd be really interested to know how you get on with the Fluval mini CO2 set-up. I'm considering this for my 20l Dennerle Cube, too. Not sure how long the cannisters would last, though and how expensive it will be to run.

Personally I wouldn't bother with a mini co2 set up, I used to get though the little cylinders every 14 days and at 13 £ it gets very expensive!

I personally would get the disposable jbl ones 500g 18£ with a regulator and they last a good while.

Spend now save in the future

this project has been put to an end thanks to mum who isnt willing to fund it!
Heathen: i've added a colombo flora-grow nano kit to my fluval edge and so far its going great not that i have much experience but im pleased with it chose this over the fluval setup as i trusted colombo to be more for plants than fluval and the refills are a little bit cheeper and avalible localy.

i've added a colombo flora-grow nano kit to my fluval edge

On looking more closely at the Fluval nano, I realised that you use it to fill up a resevoir daily that then disperses into the water during the course of the day. Not really what I had in mind, and for a small set-up the resevoir is a bit bulky. How does the Colombo work? Can it be used with a diffuser or air stone and left running all the time?

this is one of the reasons i opted against it because of the ugly look of the resevoir and the colombo comes with a nice small minimal design difusor and minimal design is a great part of the hobby. im having no truoble with the colombo.

that diffuser is great :thumbup: ... I'm using one in my 65l tank, not sure about the reg though or the cost of bottles?... but the diffuser is great...doesn't feel like your going to break it, and do some kind of evil hand injury, like with glass.
chris

edit: I bought just the diffuser from ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0493702003
can't find anymore just now though

Back