• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKAPS Local Events 2011.

The trip is a fair wack, but worth it, the TGM shop has to be the best shop I have ever seen. It is a pity that it is so far.

A minibus would be a good idea for the London people, I would chip in for that.

Johno2090 said:
Added Myself....i'm feeling a bit lonely up here now. No wonder none of the shops have a clue about aquatic plants...

Lol, I had to zoom right out to see you Johno! I forget how long the UK is!

Maybe we should start a separate thread for the May TGM visit?

Bobtastic said:
The idea of this post was only to publish the event details and then on the event details there would be a link to a discussion thread, people just got carried away :p

LondonDragon said:
Bobtastic said:
The idea of this post was only to publish the event details and then on the event details there would be a link to a discussion thread, people just got carried away :p

I haven't been shaking my mod stick hard enough, but to be honest I'd rather people got talking about events more than anything :)

I've never seen such excitement about meets, so it is great to encourage the discussion.
Maybe the thread could be split?

Event: House meet with lunch @ a1Matt's
Date: Sat 30th April
Time: midday start
Details: Bring yourself, bring some food and/or drink, bring some plants to swap, bring any other fishy bits. If the weather is nice we will eat in the garden. We can do a live scape of one of my nanos too if people want :)

Accommodation Details:
If anyone is travelling a long distance and needs an overnight stay pm me and we will see if we can work something out.
All spare beds are already taken at mine, but we might find another member nearby who can put you up, or failing that you can bring a sleeping bag and kip on the floor!

Travel details:
Nearest railway station: Elmstead Woods (from London Charing Cross, London Waterloo East, London Bridge).
PM me for exact address and directions from Railway.
There are also train routes coming to mine from London Victoria if that is an easier station for you to travel from.

Discussion thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15451&p=159819#p159819

Event: West Yorkshire Shop Tour
Date: TBC
Time: TBC - prob. midday(ish) to allow time to get round a few shops before getting stuck in traffic
Details: Bring yourself, a flat cap and a whippet (and a passport if you're from Lancashire). Plan to call round (at this stage - this is subject to change!) Paws for Thought (Leeds) MA South Leeds (actually Wakefield), Nautilus Aquatics (also Wakefield), possibly Victoria Garden Centre (few fish bits but a good cafe!) and Ferrybridge Aquatics.
None of the shops are AMAZING for planted tanks (though MA isn't bad - stocks a few Tropica plants) but they are all pretty fantastic for livestock. I'm happy to drive and can fit four (slim or three "well insulated") people in my car. I'll also stick a cool box/poly box in the boot to keep purchases safe and warm.

Travel details:
Nearest railway station: Castleford or Glasshoughton, though i can pick up at Leeds Railway Station as we'll be starting in the Big Smoke...
Discussion thread:
http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15449

Back