• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Steve's nano - "Back in the Saddle" - New photos 21/04/11

Re: Steve's "getting back on the horse" nano

Some nice wood you have mate

1stgolf said:
Some nice wood you have mate

Well, planted and filled. I'm about to stick an internal filter in, and I'll dose some easy carbo while I get my CO2 set up :)

5596448864_1887e0acb2_b.jpg

The bloody wood decided to float a little. I had some crypt parva on the right side but it all came out when the wood moved about. I'll try to re-plant it at a later date when the wood has settled I think. I don't want it all going belly up! Oh, and that stone on the right will get sorted. Very distracting!

Looking good mate, floaty wood is always a bad mutha, do you know where you can get replacement bulbs for those lights?

Yeh I noticed that stone in the 1st picture, it's like an egg haha.

Sorry to hear about the wood Steve, it's so gutting when that happens after all the work that goes into the layout!! Less said about that stone the better :shh:All minor things mind. Apart from that though the planting looks good! :thumbup:

Re: Steve's "getting back on the horse" nano - Now with plan

nice!

that bolbitus and moss should make it look very cool very soon... is that the small form of bolbitus? mine always grows huge...

where was the crypt parva? it stays small, so if it is not in the foreground it will get lost.

Gerard (frothelment) gave me some mini bolbits before and it didn't survive, I have a suspicion that it might have been the Easy Carbo that killed it, I was dosing a little to the tank at the time to encourage some extra growth and it just melted away, so something to be wary off if you going down the liquid carbon route.

Thanks folks :) Of course, everything's in immersed form except for the anubias, so I'm expecting it all to die off. I just need to deal with my old nemesis - maintenance. I'm a lazy git :) Thanks for the tip on the EC/bolbitis Paulo. I won't use it from now on.

I'll get the rest of the equipment set up tonight :)

Looking nice Steve and good luck.
Very interesting to see how bolbitis difformis does. The label says it should stay under 5cm. If it grows well and stays under 10 i will be more than happy. My 2 pots are waiting there time yet ;)

If yo dont mind a bit of critique :shifty: I'd be tempted to bring forward some of the front bigger round stones. The ones that lay under the ones with moss. Like breaking the straight line. And if you have more different size similar stones mb try adding those?

Hei, not too much maintenance needed for the tank of this size :D No excuses.

Looks very good steve,you have a knack for making a good looking scape with graded gravels,one too watch i think :thumbup: ,

john.

Not much to report. I've added a couple of cherry shrimp which I rescued from an external filter from my algae infested holding tank, which has just been ripped down and sorted out (journal soon!)

I'm unsure about trimming the immersed growth on the Hygro and Staurogyne. Any tips? It all seems to be alive still!

john starkey said:
you have a knack for making a good looking scape with graded gravels

He certainly does.
I will add some gravel to the list of scaping materials available for the nano contest at the upcoming meet at mine.
That should raise Steve's odds of winning even higher ;)

john starkey said:
Looks very good steve,you have a knack for making a good looking scape with graded gravels,one too watch i think :thumbup:

a1Matt said:
He certainly does.
I will add some gravel to the list of scaping materials available for the nano contest at the upcoming meet at mine.
That should raise Steve's odds of winning even higher ;)

Thanks guys :)

I'm tempted to trim things already, but not sure if I should! I need to get a drop checker into the tank tonight and see what the CO2's doing. The little Dennerle corner filter is nice, but a bit underpowered for this tank I think.

I was amazed at the price of a 400lph HOB filter off ebay - £9 delivered from UK! I've found it a bit underpowered but i'm still running it with the provided sponge filter pads so i suspect that knocks the flow out. I know others have had loads of success with these - worth a go?
Matt

Possibly :) I have an Azoo mignon which I could use. Can't remember how powerful, probably a 240. I have an Eheim 2213 I could use, but I just sold my cal-aqua nano glassware :lol: I'd need to get hold of a spraybar and inlet :) Also, where it's located in my bedroom, there's no where to put the external filter.

Well if you have the azoo mignon 60 already I say give it a go and see how it works out. Maybe you could you use it along with the dennerle.

Hey Steve,

Wonderful nano! Can ask what lighting you have on it? where did you get it from?

Back