• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How/Where did you hear about Ukaps.org?????

Hi greenjar and welcome to UKAPS!

greenjar said:
What are peoples feelings regarding keeping ornaments like this in an aquascape, whilst tring to have the tank taken seriously?
It's a matter of taste. Some folk love them, others hate them. There's also a middle-road where sometimes fake decor can be used quite tastefully, in my view.

What is interesting is how some people's taste change after they've been repeatedly exposed to 'decent' aquascapes. The Nature Aquarium style created by Takashi Amano is a classic example of this. Many will only aquascape with this style in mind. There's nothing wrong with that - again, it's a matter of taste.

Have you shown your wife what's achievable with purely natural materials? If so, and your wife still wants to keep the castle, then it looks like the castle may have to stay...

All the best,
George

Thanks George. Its nice to have a reply from you. I've seen alot of your work and admire your passion and dedication to the art. I have this image of you as the Godfather of modern aquascaping.

You could modify the castle a little by perhaps planting it with moss or even continue the theme by tying to scape some rolling hills around the castle or even adding a few more buildings!!
I dont see why not, I once saw an amazing 6' marine tank that was called "Pearl Harbour"
It was scattered with Airfix model boats, some had been cut in half but, the whole thing was encrusted with algae & small corals.
I saw this in a hotel in Florida, unfortunately I dont have any pictures.

Oliver Knott had cows in his tank......... :rolleyes:[/quote]

Hi Tom

I had not come across Oliver Knott yet before your heads up post. I've just checked though galleries of his work quickly and will enjoy exploring his style further. Seems like there is some really fun and quircky inspiration to be had

foxfish said:
Foxfish. Thats exactly what I had in mind- some moss and Anubias nano perhaps?. What moss would you recommend? I have java moss in the tank but dont know if I'm a fan of this one. It does'nt seem to grow very lush or bushy

Hello all,

I have recently set-up planted aquarium, and joined a US based forum. One of the members directed me to ukaps, when he realised that I am based in London.

I must say, it looks very informative.

Well, keep up the good work.

Regards

Adam Zuberi

Via Google when looking for information on Algae Blooms.

Cheers

hi new here; :wave:
I "found" you after googling planted aquariums and it came up with you "guys" :clap: so nice to have found a site in UK so can actually find & buy items that are discussed- been on US sites before.
Looking forward to learning lots more...

bec

saw you mentioned on another forum, and as above saw was uk based so ideal for product recomendations etc.

Great site guys, I started keeping fish a little over 6 months ago. This forum was recomended to me by my dads mate whos on here. Really good site, loads of help.
:thumbup:

Hi all

I saw the UKAPS while googling around.. Used to visit a lot of fish sites because didnt knew that a dedicated planted aquarium site exists. Then found this and also plantedtank.net.. I fell much in love with UKAPS forums due to the easiness and accessibility and a very welcoming format that gives fantastic info on many levels: theoretic, practical, DIY, off-topic, and last but not least the philosophical :D

Am hooked to it like an addict! No, really I mean it!

Found Ukaps whilst googling looking for a UK site that is dedicated to planted aquariums,and after lurking and reading it seems that there is a huge amount of very knowledgable people on here.

just signed up after talking to one of the members and them recomending this forum as a good source of information, so lookng forward to reading and maybe adding to some of the threads

Back