• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trying to improve my landscapes for my tuscan holiday

John Starkey

Tried these today,if anyone can give any c&c to help please do,
IMG_8510.jpg

IMG_8530.jpg

IMG_8524.jpg

IMG_8519.jpg

IMG_8518.jpg

IMG_8517.jpg

i tried back lighting on some of them,

john.

BigTom said:
Some awesome landscapes to shoot in Tuscany (never been there, just drooled at other people's shots!). Might be worth trying longer focal lengths to compress the distances a bit and give more depth to the sort of rolling terrain you find there.

Thanks Tom,what sort of focal length would you suggest,i have a 70-200mm f/4 is L,24-105 L,10-22 mm,

cheers john.

BigTom said:
10-200mm, should be alright then :lol:

Spent a little while playing with telephoto landscapes in the Peak District a couple of years ago, everything up to 300mm is pretty fair game with a clear enough day.

I could use the 500mm f/4 l :lol: ,i wouldn,t dream of taking it on holiday,too bloody heavy :lol: ,

thanks Tom,
john.

The only thing I can suggest would be to do some multiburst shots and then stitch them together in ps. You can get really great shots, even from someone who never takes the camera out of automatic like me.

To be honest, they are quite good, John. Having the path leading the eye in the image, and then actually having a point of interest at the end of the path (the tree and the farm) show you have a fairly natural eye for this type of composition. Too many images seems to have lead in lines that lead to nowhere. I have many of these, myself. :oops:

I would have taken the second image down laying on my stomach, to get the tree at the end of the road highlighted up against the sky a bit more. It feels a little skewed up at the left, too. Having said all this, landscape isn`t really a forte of mine. My guess is that you will come back with some pretty good stuff using your own instincts.

Regards, Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
To be honest, they are quite good, John. Having the path leading the eye in the image, and then actually having a point of interest at the end of the path (the tree and the farm) show you have a fairly natural eye for this type of composition. Too many images seems to have lead in lines that lead to nowhere. I have many of these, myself. :oops:

I would have taken the second image down laying on my stomach, to get the tree at the end of the road highlighted up against the sky a bit more. It feels a little skewed up at the left, too. Having said all this, landscape isn`t really a forte of mine. My guess is that you will come back with some pretty good stuff using your own instincts.

Regards, Dave.

Thanks Dave :thumbup: ,i went out early this morning again to have another try,i will post it up,

john.

Back