• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lush cavern ... going Moulin Rouge

As always playing with PS ...

2mwfjfc.jpg

New plants:
Ammania Gracilis
Rotala macrandra red
Eleocharis acicularis
... and I've ordered ludwigia arcuata but I think they send me Rotala boschii :)

Not sure if I'll keep the red touch but I've wanted to change the green monotony ..

A new shot after I finish the back-lighting the tank.

Cheers,
Mike

I'll do keep the red, it may turn not to be that bright, now the plants are in their emersed form.

There's a challenge to tune the CO2, I've changed the external reactor this week with a JBL ceramic diffuser that works a lot better than the reactor. Now I can see the CO2 tester changing its color :)

Now waiting for the yellowish water to fade and for amano shrimps to arrive.

I still have a lot to do here, bot in therms of scaping and hardware.
I want to replace the surface extractor and the black in/outlet of the filter with lily pipes and I want to buy an external heater, this way the only distracting hardware in the tank will be the wave maker, I won't replace it because it does an amazing job keeping the flow right in every corner of the tank.

Thank you mates for you kind comments.

Cheers,
Mike

A former basket disassembled and turned into that thingy, I had another vision (the drawing in the first post) but it's hard to do it without the proper wood which I don't have of course. I could have used foam or other type of material to do it but it's not natural. The reason I did it was to provide a nice hiding place for my Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlids (you can see the male into the shade) and for the future babies.

I like when things don't turn as they are supposed to do, it's more fun this way and challenges me to be creative. Hopefully in time I can improve my technique, now I'm experimenting since I'm still a newbie (only 2 years of keeping aquariums), I'm still learning and this forum provides a lot of knowledge, good advice and nice fellows, so I'm going to stick around here for a long while :lol:

I like those shrimps but unfortunately the only one I can keep with dwarf chiclids is cardinia multidentata (amano shrimp) other ones would turn out to be yet another good meal. :)

For a touch of color I've ordered some Hyphessobrycon flammeus, in a couple of weeks should arrive.

Cheers,
Mike

Well a little bit of CA now and then is a nice effect :lol:

23m1rg4.jpg

It is so refreshing to see how you achieved this kind of look. I would have been scratching my head wondering how you did it.

Nevermind the composition:

5658445228_bdaca68fbb_z.jpg

Just playing with my new toy :)

Back